We are waiting to pay Makate a “substantial amount” – Vodacom

Daruk

Honorary Master
Yes it has already been incurred but the final amount of legal fees will either be agreed between the 2 sets of lawyers or assessed by the Taxing Master of the court if the lawyers cannot agree on an amount in respect of the legal costs.
Yeah, but has that not already been done? The case is over... lawyers will likely have already sent out invoices?

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Yeah, but has that not already been done? The case is over... lawyers will likely have already sent out invoices?
It is possible that it has already been done taking into account the time that has passed since the judgement. It will be the costs for the High Court, Supreme Court of Appeal and Constitutional Court matters.

Dave

Honorary Master
Legal costs will not be a fixed fee. Legal costs are taxed/assessed by the Taxing Master of the relevant court. Makate's attorneys will have to prepare a detailed statement of all their legal costs and provide it to Vodacom's attorneys. If the attorneys cannot reach an agreement on the legal costs then both sets of attorneys will appear before the Taxing Master to have the legal costs assessed.
I think you’ve used more words to basically say the same thing I did, they can’t just make up a figure, it’s eventually assessed and decided by someone in the court system, as you say, the Taxing Master (I did say the terminology would have changed).

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
Calculate the amount of money Vodacom gets from "Please call me" for a year or two and give that to Makate!