We cannot be matched by any SA service provider boasts Neotel

b166er

That might be so, but Neotel is outmatched by every other provider in terms of service.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
lol... April Fool's Day was three days ago Neotel... you can't even get that right!

biena

Executive Member
Umm yeah I suspect the headline is correct, other service provides actually gives service unlike the no service from Neotel

Beri

Expert Member
very funny. was thinking after reading the headline that there could be something in it for us........lol silly me

"We cannot be matched by any SA service provider: Neotel" <-- that's cause you're at the lower-end of the spectrum when it comes to comparing yourself to anyone else.

What's with all the hatred? My company uses them, and they do offer a great service
That's EXACTLY why people are hatin' on them dude. Neotel was supposedly the 2nd national operator and quickly back-peddled on that a few years after receiving their license and consumers complaining that there is no service being rolled out. Nor does Neotel try to compete with landlines at all even though they have the ability to provide such services legally and in full competition with Telkom.

They instead (failed) with wireless technology for consumers (the normal guy, not a company) and when they saw that there's no way in hell they could keep them happy and/or provide a decent service, turned their focus to businesses. Businesses/companies have money. They need connectivity. Bam. Would you rather service 100 clients that make up 90% of your income or 100000 clients?

that is why we hate

The process of getting the ****ing government stooges to award the license (which was supposed to happen in 2001 already) and Telkom fighting tooth and nail to delay everything has led to this. If we had 10 years of Neotel already, there might have been a huge stride in progress towards better competition and choice for consumers. Unfortunately we're sitting with a white elephant that refuses to compete directly with Telkom as per their "we're not the 2nd national operator" statement

Avenue

Expert Member
no point boasting about your infrastructure, when your pricing is irrelevant. R80 a gig for fixed line is not competitive. That's like buying a hummer, then leaving it in your garage because petrol is too expensive.

lol... April Fool's Day was three days ago Neotel... you can't even get that right!
almost spat out my coffee when i read this. :D