We finally took the plunge to move to VoIP

ronnie_94

As the title says, we finally took the plunge to move to VoIP.

Is there anything to be worried about / be sure of before making the move, we will be using Euphoria.

Any feedback would be great.

dillydog

I would say depending on the size of the business but to keep the Voice and Data separate, if you can get a separate link for the VOIP (prepaid LTE). Don't buy cheap and nasty handsets, stick to a better brand like Yealink or Snom and you should be fine!

Mlindim01

Hi Ronnie_94. My suggestion is connectivity, connectivity and connectivity. VoIP relies heavily on connection. First choice go fibre. If you are going LTE make sure you are running voice separate from all other devices such as PC's etc.
For the install and forget option, get 2 LTE routers, Grandstream GWN7000 which has two WAN ports and bond your two internet connections. (take SIMS from two different networks with good coverage). Disable Sip ALG on routers, make sure handsets have strong passwords and you are good to go. Cloud PBX fortunately provides failover forwarding to cellphone in the event that this overkill solution fails. UPS also goes a long way. I would even go as for as softphone on mobile (Suggested for outbound as inbound will get disrupted by phone switching between wifi and mobile data) Regards Mel - MComm Technologies. 010 140 1490

FluffyT

As the title says, we finally took the plunge to move to VoIP.

Is there anything to be worried about / be sure of before making the move, we will be using Euphoria.

Any feedback would be great.
I went with VOX Voip and so far it's working perfectly. I have a 20/20 mbps fibre connection and using Vox's Mobile vobi app.

ronnie_94

Can someone tell me when I phone a cell all works great but as soon as I phone a landline things do not work. I can see when I phone a landline and check the statistics there seems to be packet loss and jitter.