We stand by our word and will help customers with WASP refunds – Vodacom

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
How about giving people the option of disabling WASPs entirely... and then have that as the default setting on all numbers.

isie

Honorary Master
After contacting Vodacom, however, he received the following SMS:

Good Day

WASPs are Wireless Access Service providers and these services would have been activated online by the user. Please note that these are third-party services, Vodacom does not take any responsibility for any billing on a subscriber’s account by a WASP.

They make use of Vodacom’s cellular network infrastructure and billing relationship with the subscriber to deliver and bill for these services, such as SMS voting, Traffic reports, Games, Competition lines, banking transaction charges.

For refund query please email info@waspa.org.za or complaints@waspa.org.za.

Kind Regards, [Vodacom employee’s name redacted]

We fell short of our standards
Vodacom told MyBroadband that the SMS to the customer was “sent in error”.

It was sent on purpose only because the client took it up it becomes in error

Totempole

Expert Member
How about giving people the option of disabling WASPs entirely... and then have that as the default setting on all numbers.
Simple, because Vodacom benefits directly from WASP subscriptions. Legitimate or otherwise. I'm sure they make an outrageous amount of money from this every year.

It's the same reason you can't block OOB data.

They can give us all the excuses in the world, but the facts are clear... Vodacom is only interested in how they can profit from unwitting consumers.

kreuiter

This is absolute rubbish. Check my complaint on hellopeter. WASPs stole over R1000 of my airtime and Vodacom refused to help me, saying it was my responsibility to reclaim directly from the WASPs. I managed to recoup R12.