We tested shipping an order from Wish via the SA Post Office and it didn't suck

Gazg

I can concur with the writers article, recieved my order in 3 weeks and was exactly what I ordered, cycling shirts.....no queue at the post office and the cherry on the cake, was that the card machine worked!!!!

Last edited:

human75

Yes, it is improved but wish prices are very unreasonable and unreliable. So check before you order. Same item could be much better priced on Amazon + much better shipping and quality.

Totempole

Expert Member
My last Wish order took a little over 3 months, but this was before the SAPO agreement.

That said, all though my PO had been closed down temporarily due to a rental dispute, I was able to collect my parcel from the forwarding Post Office, and everything was received as advertised.

Swa

Honorary Master
Didn't he read the article that if you receive an sms from sapo it's a scam?

Anyway I ordered a headphone extension off Ebay 6 months ago. Two weeks ago I bought a usb soundcard off Takealot instead. Very happy with it.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
So let me get this straight:

1) You had wait 14 days for your package to arrive
2) You had to physically go to the post office yourself (twice) to collect your package

and it didn't suck?

No thanks. I want next-day delivery and I want it delivered straight to my door. If you can't do that you don't get my business.

Swa

Honorary Master
There is no agreement between ebay and SAPO, so no order for you.

Cannot believe that it takes an agreement for something as rudimentary as a postal service
I hate you!

envo

Expert Member
I would have thought a more thorough "We bought 10 packages and see how many arrived" test would be happening here like they do with local online retailers.

1 package arriving does not mean 100% success rate or an improvement on SAPO's side unfortunately.

Would love to see a more intensive test being done with Wish alone, then with other online retailers being forced via SAPO and no courier delivery. Now THAT would be a test

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
So let me get this straight:

1) You had wait 14 days for your package to arrive
2) You had to physically go to the post office yourself (twice) to collect your package

and it didn't suck?

No thanks. I want next-day delivery and I want it delivered straight to my door. If you can't do that you don't get my business.

What you need is Amazon Prime Now! :p

1626918539590.png

genetic

Honorary Master
I ordered some car goodies from the UK, with shipping via registered mail through SAPO being the only option.

Took 3 weeks to get to my local Post Office - customs was only R32. Was pretty impressed.

Untitled-1.jpg

Tman*

Expert Member
I would have thought a more thorough "We bought 10 packages and see how many arrived" test would be happening here like they do with local online retailers.

1 package arriving does not mean 100% success rate or an improvement on SAPO's side unfortunately.

Would love to see a more intensive test being done with Wish alone, then with other online retailers being forced via SAPO and no courier delivery. Now THAT would be a test
My thoughts.

Ordering one package means nothing. Order 50 x items of low value and have it delivered over different provinces.

I bet the results will the the same as the SAPO letter test that was done a few years ago

MavChat

Expert Member
Bought a motorcycle Helmet... It made it to South Africa and went missing on its way to the WitsPos centre. Just poof, its gone. It was later than the refund timeframe, so R880 lost.