We tested shipping an order from Wish via the SA Post Office and it didn't suck

Drifter

Honorary Master
Allways worked for me, and it is working now without touching adblock.

pozmans

Allways worked for me, and it is working now without touching adblock.

Been using it for over 6yrs now and used it yesterday on both my laptop and the ios app. Probably your settings.

9cafe005b516afc81baeda549a63cb79.jpg

cavedog

Honorary Master
Wish parcels are quite fast for parcel post. Interesting they are using speed services courier to send them from OR Tambo to the post offices and that is probably why it's faster than normal post.

I see so many parcels on this huge flip file they scanned through to find my parcel. All of them start with HA.

wishtracking.PNG 20210821_095102.jpg
20210821_095522.jpg

labratza

Expert Member
Wish parcels are quite fast for parcel post. Interesting they are using speed services courier to send them from OR Tambo to the post offices and that is probably why it's faster than normal post.

I see so many parcels on this huge flip file they scanned through to find my parcel. All of them start with HA.

View attachment 1131282 View attachment 1131284
View attachment 1131286
Did you collect from the Jet Park International Mail Hub or from your local post office. As mine also says it is at my local post office which is Edenvale but they say they can not pick the tracking number up. The one that starts with HA

Drifter

Honorary Master
Your parcel will get a local tracking number. Try 17track.net with the HA number.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Did you collect from the Jet Park International Mail Hub or from your local post office. As mine also says it is at my local post office which is Edenvale but they say they can not pick the tracking number up. The one that starts with HA

Local post office. My tracking number was not trackable at all. When the wish app said it was there I went. They flipped through the flip file and by the looks of the number of parcels after mine it's been there a while.

I would say go and collect. I also never got a SMS saying it was there.

labratza

Expert Member
Local post office. My tracking number was not trackable at all. When the wish app said it was there I went. They flipped through the flip file and by the looks of the number of parcels after mine it's been there a while.

We went and they did not have it and was not in file. Will go check this weekend again as we stay in Springs but our PO Box is edenvale.(weird but same PO Box my Grandfather had back in the day).

Lupus

Honorary Master

Back in the 2000s, someone sent me some games from the WC, the tracking said it had arrived at the wrong PO, so I spent weeks trying to get it back to the right one. One day while doing my cars license disk I was like let me just check, the package had been there since the start anyway. The PO has been bad forever.

RunningFromFat

Back in the 2000s, someone sent me some games from the WC, the tracking said it had arrived at the wrong PO, so I spent weeks trying to get it back to the right one. One day while doing my cars license disk I was like let me just check, the package had been there since the start anyway. The PO has been bad forever.
Rude, the post office hadn't finished playing the games yet.

cavedog

Honorary Master
We went and they did not have it and was not in file. Will go check this weekend again as we stay in Springs but our PO Box is edenvale.(weird but same PO Box my Grandfather had back in the day).

Ohh yeah that is the problem. Your parcel is likely sitting at another post office.

When you order from wish or anything post office related I usually use my address and the post office name as the suburb for example

10 Mybroadband way
The Reeds Post office
The Reeds

That way I know it goes to the correct post office.

Swa

Honorary Master
Ohh yeah that is the problem. Your parcel is likely sitting at another post office.

When you order from wish or anything post office related I usually use my address and the post office name as the suburb for example

10 Mybroadband way
The Reeds Post office
The Reeds

That way I know it goes to the correct post office.
I've learned to only use my suburb and not town.

swakop_toe

Still waiting for my order since March...
Never again.
Update:
Received a SMS (only ever) telling me this is my FINAL notification to collect my parcel at the post office and bring R32.00.

Lo and behold, there it was.

All the way from Uzbekistan?!

5 months later.

swakop_toe

Update:
Received a SMS (only ever) telling me this is my FINAL notification to collect my parcel at the post office and bring R32.00.

Lo and behold, there it was.

All the way from Uzbekistan?!

5 months later.
Two weeks from "China" to SA.
4 months to find my local postoffice...
695c48c173604f25200d78de3f65fd23.jpg
5b5ea48e72b20c9518223c42ece11334.jpg

Tman*

Expert Member
Helmet price is not really about the protection they provide. Typically a bottom of the range helmet will offer essentially the same protection as a very expensive one. They both go through the same tests.
did you by any chance incur a head injury with a cheap helmet?

Spontaneous spinach

Expert Member
First Notification to recipient using 17track, at the office using our local post office tracking site but the post office is unable to find my package and recommend i return when i receive my mail card.

No sms notification?
How do you guys collect your packages?

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
My trial order, which I ordered on 30 August, is somewhere in Cape Town now. Not getting reliable tracking since it got in from China.

But pretty quick, as it was only due in mid to late October.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I ordered a record via discogs in UK 6 weeks ago, still nothing
Ordered some electronic gates (size of thumbnail) from ebay 5 weeks ago, still nothing

All of these to be handled by SAPO, fokkoli. Money down the drain :(

Update: My parcels eventually arrived, thank goodness. Both of them

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
So got a phone call from Mitchells Plain, Promenade Post Office, not Strandfontein.
But its not far away from me anyway.

Package was there, R32.90 customs paid for an R85 purchase.

Anyway, it arrived sooner than the proposed date of 19 October.
Everything was in a little courier bag and 2 smaller packages inside.

Earphones are not at all as advertised and I suspect the GPS tracker, is just a Bluetooth enabled tracker. Chinese instructions are wack.

Anyway, this was my trial run and the let down is the actual product, but you get what you pay for.

There are some nice looking height adjustable desks for like R1200 excluding shipping and customs. Which seems great compared to the local market. But not sure if I want to fork out that much and then have to mission for a return and refund, if I'm not happy with the finished order.

629f8ff8e4945f54478ba51f358be8a5.jpg