"We want our diamonds back!" : Mbusiyseni Ndlozi

JohnStarr

Expert Member
That money is going straight to their pockets where they can show these evil Europeans how well they get on without them, driving their armoured BMW X6, checking the time on their Rolex, through the Gucci sunglasses and sipping from a bottle of Johnny Blue Label
...whilst wearing their Armani suits. THAT will show the colonialists they mean business!!!

Colonialist companies: Lol...the irony of these fools. Sell them more!

JohnStarr

Expert Member
I have long been of the opinion that South Africa needs reperitions from the UK, we were the first blood diamonds (and gold) - all the people living here rather peacefully farming, and next they are in a war - because gold and diamonds are found in the Transvaal and a foreign entity invades the country. Everyone on this forum has never heard of the scorched earth policy, people lost their homes, cattle, farms, crops and eventually husbands, wives, children, mothers fathers entire families. We did not invite the soldiers here. I think the UK can repatriate every single last English corpse if they so wish. We only want Florence here anyway. But I enjoy to see the UK go to … with all the foreigners there. get some. What comes around, goes around.
Er, the soldiers arrived with the settlers. Who do you think kept law and order?

Imagine what will happen when the so-called foreigners here leave. Imagine the Lols about "what goes around, comes aroud" when the country collapses.

ES1

Er, the soldiers arrived with the settlers. Who do you think kept law and order?

Imagine what will happen when the so-called foreigners here leave. Imagine the Lols about "what goes around, comes aroud" when the country collapses.

Those settlers were English too. They were not invited here by the Dutch. And hundreds of thousands of soldiers were shipped in for the WAR, not too keep the peace in the Cape province.

Paul Kemp

Is this what you wish will happen or a possible reality? It smacks of “if I leave this company will fall to pieces” which, as an easily replaceable office worker, is something I struggle to relate to.
Not taking a dig, I’m genuinely interested to know more.

dj2381

Expert Member
Is this what you wish will happen or a possible reality? It smacks of “if I leave this company will fall to pieces” which, as an easily replaceable office worker, is something I struggle to relate to.
I suspect it's more a case of shrinking tax revenue, it's already happening.

ES1

Yeah, let Dingaan's descendents give Retief his negotiated land back.

I am not saying all reperitions can be made - as many of the history is not documented (the san people could probably claim from many countries) It is about the UK that (unfortunately colonised many countries and took exclusively gold and diamonds and other precious stones and metals) What did the Uk have underneath their soil? Aaaahhhh yes it was just that black stuff - I think it is coal. Not a single ounce of gold, not a diamond, nothing. But now they are almost the most powerful and richest country in the world. No wonder half the population can live on the dole. The UK enriched themselves and the royals at the huge personal cost of other countries' people

Cosmik Debris

Expert Member
Those settlers were English too. They were not invited here by the Dutch. And hundreds of thousands of soldiers were shipped in for the WAR, not too keep the peace in the Cape province.

Your post spans several hundred years. Once again:

Have we reached the ultimate stage of absurdity where some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, while other people are not held responsible for what they themselves are doing today?

- Thomas Sowell

Cosmik Debris

Expert Member

Have a look at Africa north of the Limpopo and south of the Sahara post 1960 for the answer to your question.

Cosmik Debris

Expert Member
I am not saying all reperitions can be made - as many of the history is not documented (the san people could probably claim from many countries) It is about the UK that (unfortunately colonised many countries and took exclusively gold and diamonds and other precious stones and metals) What did the Uk have underneath their soil? Aaaahhhh yes it was just that black stuff - I think it is coal. Not a single ounce of gold, not a diamond, nothing. But now they are almost the most powerful and richest country in the world. No wonder half the population can live on the dole. The UK enriched themselves and the royals at the huge personal cost of other countries' people

Did you even bother reading this posted by @konfab in post #73?

The Transvaal Colony government bought the diamond on 17 October 1907 for £150,000,[13] which adjusted for pound-sterling inflation is equivalent to £15 million in 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cullinan_Diamond

Britain is committed to spending an average of £19 million a year in aid on South Africa until 2015, mainly aimed at reducing HIV. But the Department for International Development is examining how it spends the UK’s aid budget, and recently announced plans to slash the controversial £280 million a year it sends to India.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ica--president-spends-17-5million-palace.html

The aid programme, currently worth £19m a year, is focused on reducing the mortality rate among women giving birth and supporting businesses.
At its peak in 2003, the UK's aid for South Africa was more than £40m.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
I don't. I'd love to stay here, but I don't want my kids to be demonised for being white. And have them possibly have to go study overseas.
So, leave (as certain sections have been calling for this) and make our lives elsewhere.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
The USA didn't ask the French to land there, but it wasn't a country. It was a settlement.
Exactly the same thing as in RSA. Which is why Germans, Dutch, French, Scottish people etc. landed here.
No invite needed.

Paul Kemp

I don't. I'd love to stay here, but I don't want my kids to be demonised for being white. And have them possibly have to go study overseas.
So, leave (as certain sections have been calling for this) and make our lives elsewhere.
That’s understandable but I can’t see a complete collapse because the average middle class family leaves. That’s just normal migration and the gap you leave is filled.
I do however agree that if a sharp business head leaves the gap is not as easy to fill but I would still hope that it does not have a major impact on the country as a whole.