We were sold a dummy - Former Eskom CEO

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist

Former Eskom CEO Matshela Koko admitted yesterday that during his tenure at the power utility, Eskom exposed internal data to third parties.

Koko was speaking during the Commission of Inquiry into State Capture, where he responded to questions about his alleged correspondence with Salim Essa through the "infoportal1@zoho.com" email address to a contact known as "Businessman".

Sinbad

Honorary Master

Former Eskom CEO Matshela Koko admitted yesterday that during his tenure at the power utility, Eskom exposed internal data to third parties.

Koko was speaking during the Commission of Inquiry into State Capture, where he responded to questions about his alleged correspondence with Salim Essa through the "infoportal1@zoho.com" email address to a contact known as "Businessman".
The major dummy in this is you, fake engineer.

Milano

Honorary Master
When asked by Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Zondo whether he still believed that Dr Ben Ngubane was the “Businessman” behind the email address, Koko said he no longer believed that.

“Knowing what I know, I don’t think so,” he said.

“I think we were sold a dummy. I think we were sold down the Mississippi.”

“It has become more and more obvious that it was an external party, and that’s what makes me flabbergasted – that we have exposed Eskom information to third parties,” he said.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

R13...

Honorary Master
When asked by Deputy Chief Justice Raymond Zondo whether he still believed that Dr Ben Ngubane was the “Businessman” behind the email address, Koko said he no longer believed that.

“Knowing what I know, I don’t think so,” he said.

“I think we were sold a dummy. I think we were sold down the Mississippi.”

“It has become more and more obvious that it was an external party, and that’s what makes me flabbergasted – that we have exposed Eskom information to third parties,” he said.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Someone should ask him why he hadn't been checking if Ngubane was receiving the messages or info. Surely if you didn't realise it was a third party on the other end you'd still be stuck with a problem that your intended recipient never got the info. The commission questioners are also dummies for being dummied by Koko.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
:oops:
After this, Daniels said Essa stopped her at a petrol station and offered her R800 million to change her mind and follow their orders.

Whodafuq refuses a bribe like this? I sure wouldn't :ROFL:

JohnStarr

Executive Member

A contact known as "Businessman"...dude, if this wasn't a red flag something legitimate wasn't on the go, then you're not CEO material. Can't claim ignorance and want to run a company at an overinflated salary!

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
LOL, frog being boiled needs to find a way out the pan.

"I didn't know"

The excuses by these morons when they get caught out is hilarious, now just lock him up and take all his money to put back into Eskom

JohnStarr

Executive Member
LOL, frog being boiled needs to find a way out the pan.

"I didn't know"

The excuses by these morons when they get caught out is hilarious, now just lock him up and take all his money to put back into Eskom
Fool me once...shame on you!
Fool me twice...shame on you!
Fool me 3x...shame on you!
Fool me for the 50th time - we were sold a dummy. It wasn't my fault! I'm not a fool.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Fool me once...shame on you!
Fool me twice...shame on you!
Fool me 3x...shame on you!
Fool me for the 50th time - we were sold a dummy. It wasn't my fault! I'm not a fool.
Pity i can only do one one emoticon at a time

I wanted to like and laugh at the same time

Skerminkel

Expert Member
If you are not even smart enough to appreciate the risks of anonymous emails....