Web Africa VDSL prices unveiled

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
No mention of ROLLOVER and more expensive than VOX?

Can't believe VOX has the best VDSL packages so far.

avert

i have a vdsl exchange, and was looking forward to upgrade even if it meant paying around R1500 a month.

But at these prices, no thanks.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
I'm sure the three people who have access to VDSL are delighted!

deweyzeph

Executive Member
What's the point, VDSL is for intents and purposes non-existent. I can't believe these ISPs are even wasting their money on this.

Stigmata101

50GB at the same price i am currently paying, only problem i have now is HTF long it will take to get 20/40MB lines in PE :(

Dean

Expert Member
WebAfrica reps, please confirm whether ADSL data (for example the MyBB 30GB special) will or will not be available for use with a VDSL line (at the VDSL speeds).

If the answer isn't favourable, you may want to suit up for a light-to-moderate flame war :D

Sapphiron

Expert Member
Its very simple, if it cost more per Mbit uncapped on ADSL, its overpriced.

If 10Mbit uncapped is R999, 20Mbit VDSL uncapped should be less than R2000 and 40Mbit less than R4000

WebAfrica Helper

Web Africa representative
WebAfrica reps, please confirm whether ADSL data (for example the MyBB 30GB special) will or will not be available for use with a VDSL line (at the VDSL speeds).

If the answer isn't favourable, you may want to suit up for a light-to-moderate flame war :D

Any of our ADSL data like the MyBB 30GB will be available for use on our VDSL offerings. We do not differentiate between VDSL data or normal ADSL data.

Dean

Expert Member
Any of our ADSL data like the MyBB 30GB will be available for use on our VDSL offerings. We do not differentiate between VDSL data or normal ADSL data.

Glad to hear it - you may want to also mention that in the Comments section under the article - there's a bit of confusion over there.

Spynx

R6.50 a gig does not sound bad, it's actually good. But where I live, Vdsl would be available in about 50 to 100 years.