Web africa VPS - The new kid on the block

antonCPT

They must be busy thinking out excuses since it went very quite for the last 3 hours.

antonCPT

The phone call should be somewhere around the 9th month of 2012 when I acquired my 1st VPS, but again what proof do I have and how can I trust you? I am not going to waste any more time with you, because you wasted my time already for 3 days. It just isn’t worth it. You know what? I do have backups from last month, but you are making it my problem. You are defiantly nowhere near business class. You are running a circus class network. I have so many emails from your bad service that I can start a complete hellopeter with it. I will immediately start to transfer all my clients and their websites to a company that knows what they are doing. There is no point in arguing with you, as you will deny everything. The client is not right in your eyes proven over and over in the last couple of months. I am happy to send you all the mails with issues, but I am afraid you would not understand them like the last time, because you need to be spoon-fed on everything. It is a shame that a big ISP like you can’t even keep a proper backup copy. I would understand if you wiped one backup, but you wiped ALL 14 days of backups (14 Backups in total). How do you explain that? HOW DO YOU MANAGE to restore the other VPS server’s backups that I have with you? There is just no trust in your service or products anymore. You are not a reliable hosting company period. I must be a liar and make stuff up. Shame on me! Well the customer will be leaving and take all his business with him and will not ever refer a client to you again. Shame on me for thinking you were world class. You are quick to announce you made an error and suddenly offer a refund, because YOU know what the consequence will be if you lost someone’s backup. REMEMBER YOU broke the service, because you are not experienced enough to run a proper VPS system as you explained. YOU are liable for the lost of business and productivity and DATA. The fact that you support the above response “you are free to make and do what you want with your hosting services” is ALARMING. That means you can do whatever you want with my or anyone’s data, services and info. Where is the reliability and security in that? It is YOUR PROBLEM not mine to fix the issue. You caused it. I hope this opens other customer’s eyes and send of alarming bells. THANKS to the managers and CEO man for hiding behind your employees and are too afraid to return a call. Time to grow some I would say.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Some very, very arrogant responses posted on WA forum!! I am business customer with you myself and based on the way you guys are handling this I will be moving my ADSL elsewhere.

I have my own private virtual environment and have gone through the same issues you are having currently, difference is I invested massive amounts of money into recovery and outsourcing and trying everything possible to recover our clients data. We explicitly state that we do not backup and do not accept responsibility for data loss we still made an effort,

What are you doing Mr Social media manager, the face of your company? Spending time on listening phone calls and hiding behind terms and conditions to cover your company? Take it like a man and accept responsibility for your incompetence.

Gig

Years ago I signed up with Web Africa and we had issues then already. Its time the ISP's of this country realised clients vote with their feet and clients should do so. Its only time till someone comes out with a solution that rocks places like this. Service is key and if you want to stay in business you should provide it.

WAJeff

Web Africa Representative
Some very, very arrogant responses posted on WA forum!! I am business customer with you myself and based on the way you guys are handling this I will be moving my ADSL elsewhere.

I have my own private virtual environment and have gone through the same issues you are having currently, difference is I invested massive amounts of money into recovery and outsourcing and trying everything possible to recover our clients data. We explicitly state that we do not backup and do not accept responsibility for data loss we still made an effort,

What are you doing Mr Social media manager, the face of your company? Spending time on listening phone calls and hiding behind terms and conditions to cover your company? Take it like a man and accept responsibility for your incompetence.

Sorry if you read my responses as arrogant, they weren't written with that intent. I also had a telephonic conversation with the customer.
You say we need to accept responsibility? This is exactly what we've done here. We mentioned before, on more than one occasion, that we accept responsibility for this.

We also mentioned we do not offer backups. Not really what else to say here, most of your points have been covered already.

Last edited: