Web Squad ISP

Bionic

Expert Member
@websquadza struggling with connectivity to the EU, in particular the Emby plex server. Either losing connectivity or buffering with streams. Getting more frequent now and very frustrating. Never had this issues with previous isp. Let me know what information I must provide.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
@websquadza struggling with connectivity to the EU, in particular the Emby plex server. Either losing connectivity or buffering with streams. Getting more frequent now and very frustrating. Never had this issues with previous isp. Let me know what information I must provide.
Just need a MTR to the server, src IP and Destination IP - send me a PM and will check for you.

Nicholas Marzio

Hi @websquadza, would you be able to disclose your cross-connect capacity in CPT for AEX/Vumatel?

I am moving away from my current ISP and I am still interested in maintaining my 1Gbps package (Vumatel Trenched) and want to ensure I go with an ISP who has enough capacity during peak hours etc.

I know AEX's per 1Gbps transit fees are ludicrously expensive so most "smaller" ISPs would likely be overselling their capacity to the nth degree to try to turn a profit out of it.

Thanks in advanced :D

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Hi @websquadza, would you be able to disclose your cross-connect capacity in CPT for AEX/Vumatel?

I am moving away from my current ISP and I am still interested in maintaining my 1Gbps package (Vumatel Trenched) and want to ensure I go with an ISP who has enough capacity during peak hours etc.

I know AEX's per 1Gbps transit fees are ludicrously expensive so most "smaller" ISPs would likely be overselling their capacity to the nth degree to try to turn a profit out of it.

Thanks in advanced :D

Won’t be able to disclose figures. But can guarantee that we don’t run ports over 60%- when ports reach that number, we upgrade.

So it’s safe to say we don’t have any NNI capacity issues for our 1G clients.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep

Following up on this MTR. Don’t forget it so we can check what’s happening.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
@websquadza no internet this morning.

Have raised ticket 786188

Octotel Melkbosstrand
Must be a serious break, Octotel still down here.

Sounds like a pretty bad break.

Latest update from Octotel at 13:26: Our Metro provider has completed dropping a new manhole to accommodate the new fibre cables being floated. Once the new fibre cables are installed the standby team will resplice up the infrastructure in order to restore connectivity. No Eta has been provided as yet.

rvanwyk

Expert Member
so apparently because I chose the end of July to migrate to Websquad I won't have internet on sunday because no one can do the migration on a sunday. great start moving to a new isp.

tehan

@websquadza Finally online with the 1gbps, now if only I can get more than +/-300mbps when I run a speed test... First world problems:ROFL:

IdlePhaedrus

Expert Member
Sounds like a pretty bad break.

Latest update from Octotel at 13:26: Our Metro provider has completed dropping a new manhole to accommodate the new fibre cables being floated. Once the new fibre cables are installed the standby team will resplice up the infrastructure in order to restore connectivity. No Eta has been provided as yet.
Thanks. Yes, I don't really expect to have fibre internet until tomorrow. The last time there was a major break (due to vandalism) like this it was an overnight job.

Got myself an LTE modem today and got some data, so am fine for now.

tehan

cabled or over wifi? which speedtest server are you using?
Run directly over the router, no wifi or cable is needed, so there is nothing to get in the way of the speed that I should be getting. I use popular speed test servers: CISP, VOX, Afrihost, etc. The best speed I got was on mybroadband, with 340mbps.

powermzii

Expert Member
Run directly over the router, no wifi or cable is needed, so there is nothing to get in the way of the speed that I should be getting. I use popular speed test servers: CISP, VOX, Afrihost, etc. The best speed I got was on mybroadband, with 340mbps.
That's bizarre. Any QoS settings setup on the router?