Web Squad ISP

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Ok got mail from support.
My router setting and what is supplied from support.

Your configs all look good, just the Routed IPv6 prefix seems to have an error (this is from our side). Will get the team to respond on the ticket. PS, Edit out all your identifying info (your IPs) if you can.

HowTo

Expert Member
Hello

This is what I get when testing IPv6

Attachments

• IPv6 Not supported.jpg
    IPv6 Not supported.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 40

HowTo

Expert Member
Your configs all look good, just the Routed IPv6 prefix seems to have an error (this is from our side). Will get the team to respond on the ticket. PS, Edit out all your identifying info (your IPs) if you can.
Killed the post

HowTo

Expert Member
Win10 did activate IPv6

Attachments

• Win10 IPv6.jpg
    Win10 IPv6.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 30

Xzib1t

Expert Member
So I discovered something interesting last night @websquadza

I was downloading via NNTP, they allow 60 connections to the server, but I can only download for a certain amount of time before my connection "died"

Then 5 mins later it would come back up and then die again after a few mins, is this some sort of ddos protection?
1630662425265.png

Last edited:

Seeyou

Expert Member

I was downloading via NNTP, they allow 60 connections to the server, but I can only download for a certain amount of time before my connection "died"

Then 5 mins later it would come back up and then die again after a few mins, is this some sort of ddos protection?
View attachment 1140010

That's it exactly. There's a hard limit to packets per second allowed on the upstream provider which I won't post here. If you hit it, they blackhole you for 5 mins. Reason I downgraded from 1gbps - NNTP combined with Octotel's poor excuse for a fibre network and resulting packet loss hit that limit almost instantly when trying to saturate the line, resulting in constant blackholing.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master

View attachment 1140010

Yes and one of the reasons I moved away from Websquad. Could never get this sorted with support even after dropping my connections down really low where it affected the download speeds too much. Wouldn't have cared as much if it just affected the NNTP downloads, but when it's knocking down the entire connection it's not fun.

Haven't had this issue with CISP so far, have my connections set to 25 + 25 currently on two separate providers. This set up would have constantly got me blackholed when I was with WS.

JustAnotherSouthAfrican

View attachment 1140010

That's it exactly. There's a hard limit to packets per second allowed on the upstream provider which I won't post here. If you hit it, they blackhole you for 5 mins. Reason I downgraded from 1gbps - NNTP combined with Octotel's poor excuse for a fibre network and resulting packet loss hit that limit almost instantly when trying to saturate the line, resulting in constant blackholing.

Yes and one of the reasons I moved away from Websquad. Could never get this sorted with support even after dropping my connections down really low where it affected the download speeds too much. Wouldn't have cared as much if it just affected the NNTP downloads, but when it's knocking down the entire connection it's not fun.

Haven't had this issue with CISP so far, have my connections set to 25 + 25 currently on two separate providers. This set up would have constantly got me blackholed when I was with WS.

@websquadza any solutions to this? Seems like a widespread issue specific to WS?

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
@websquadza any solutions to this? Seems like a widespread issue specific to WS?

We are working on this with the affected upstream- their DDOS mitigation tool flags the high packet volumes as DOS traffic, and kicks in.. we had a good middle ground that worked well until the accelerator kicked in and messed with the packet ratios (the accelerator helps boost packet volumes many times over.. unfortunately the DOS tool being used (and this protection remains critical for our network) isn’t able to differentiate at the disproportionately high packet levels we see with this kind of traffic. An additional upstream is being added to the mix in the next two weeks- which will help balance this out. Additional tools are also being tested and more feedback to follow.