Web Squad ISP

Xzib1t

Expert Member
@websquadza - was the Tuesday deadline for the new transit achieved or is this still waiting?
I downloaded a few things via NNTP now, and I didn't have any issues, so can we say tentatively that the new transit is live?

Scratch that just been blackholed now...

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
@websquadza - was the Tuesday deadline for the new transit achieved or is this still waiting?
I downloaded a few things via NNTP now, and I didn't have any issues, so can we say tentatively that the new transit is live?

Scratch that just been blackholed now...

Not in production yet. Running tests to see how traffic is routed and what changes to expect. No ETA on production yet. Will update later this week once we’re happy. Thanks for your patience.

JustinB

Expert Member
Weirdly, it looks like traffic isn't reaching the next hop (you're router). Seems like something is broken on your machine's V6 or your router.
What's stranger is that it was working... Do you have the vumatel ipv6 settings for Mikrotik handy, I think I was mailed it back when I signed up

Edit: ah, I looked in the Mikrotik settings and see the dhcp pool is getting exhausted. Now to figure out how to increase the pool.

Last edited:

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
What's stranger is that it was working... Do you have the vumatel ipv6 settings for Mikrotik handy, I think I was mailed it back when I signed up

Edit: ah, I looked in the Mikrotik settings and see the dhcp pool is getting exhausted. Now to figure out how to increase the pool.
Shouldn't need to use a DHCP server in v6, just Router Advertisement. And it's nigh on impossible to exhaust a /64. Can you send me an export of your v6 settings? (Terminal: /ipv6 export) - copy that into a PM so I can check what's happening.

JustinB

Expert Member
Shouldn't need to use a DHCP server in v6, just Router Advertisement. And it's nigh on impossible to exhaust a /64. Can you send me an export of your v6 settings? (Terminal: /ipv6 export) - copy that into a PM so I can check what's happening.

Thanks, sent.

Seeyou

Expert Member
Had a similar issue. Tried re-enabling ipv6 the other day after you said the accelerator was active on it. Got everything set up, got a v6 address assigned yada yada, but zero traffic was going over ipv6, it was just dead. Didn't have time to debug it so just switched it off again.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Had a similar issue. Tried re-enabling ipv6 the other day after you said the accelerator was active on it. Got everything set up, got a v6 address assigned yada yada, but zero traffic was going over ipv6, it was just dead. Didn't have time to debug it so just switched it off again.
Did you check if your prefix delegation gave you a default route?

darrencon

Hi there.

We're very sorry that this is the impression that we've given. Our teams are happy to work with you to resolve the issues, but we'll be making sure that our team reaches out so that we can iron out any communication issues that may have cropped up between Web Squad and ourselves.
Well my issue is still not resolved. Sent through speed tests again to Websquad support last night. No responses on the ticket since 30 September.

Seeyou

Expert Member
Mikrotik still doesn't have support for Fasttrack connections on ipv6, so I'm just gonna shelve this one for now.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Well my issue is still not resolved. Sent through speed tests again to Websquad support last night. No responses on the ticket since 30 September.

I believe the team did contact you telephonically to confirm that we could meet on site with an Evotel tech- this call was made yesterday afternoon. As soon as Evotel confirm a time and date for a tech to go to your home, this will be communicated to you.

DRello

Apologies on this one, we've been following up and should have had better feedback for you by now.

We've just had a meeting with our account manager and I'm awaiting the feedback on this for an accurate timeline. Thanks for your patience so far.
Still nothing. PLEASE have someone cancel the order asap. I've just logged a request with support. Ticket 122811

darrencon

I believe the team did contact you telephonically to confirm that we could meet on site with an Evotel tech- this call was made yesterday afternoon. As soon as Evotel confirm a time and date for a tech to go to your home, this will be communicated to you.
Yes he did call and said asked if I was available today for them to come to my home but I never got a callback to confirm. Ticket is not being updated. I just want to be kept in the loop please. Please ask them to keep the ticket updated so I know what is going on.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Still nothing. PLEASE have someone cancel the order asap. I've just logged a request with support. Ticket 122811
I've asked the team to process this first thing in the morning as your link is still stuck on provisioning and we can't do this from our end.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Yes he did call and said asked if I was available today for them to come to my home but I never got a callback to confirm. Ticket is not being updated. I just want to be kept in the loop please. Please ask them to keep the ticket updated so I know what is going on.
Unfortunately we didn't get feedback on when the FNO could dispatch a tech to meet ours. No problem, asked the team to follow up with Evotel first thing, then update the ticket.

JustAnotherSouthAfrican