Web Squad ISP

daelm

Expert Member
Vumatel JHB Outage: Large scale outage affecting Ekurhuleni and Parklands Master Nodes (from our initial observations). Vumatel are aware of the outage and are investigating. No ETR yet

Edit: Only Ekurhuleni Master Node affected.

Network Incident Reference:#6651
Network Incident Description:Logical Failure
Network Incident Grade:Critical
Regions Affected:Johannesburg & Ekurhuleni
Area/s Affected:All areas in Johannesburg & Ekurhuleni
Network Type Affected:Vuma Core
Current Resident Impact:Residents have no connectivity
Current Network Incident Status:Technicians are investigating

"Logical Failure"

translation: it's Vumatel...

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
@websquadza - wondering what happened with the new transit? Seemed so close to implementation?
*crickets*

No Crickets. While we try respond as regularly as possible on the thread, I’m not online 24/7. A reminder, if it’s urgent, please address the query to support.

Still testing the transit. I’ve said before, we’ll communicate when we’re satisfied and ready to bring it into production. We are upstream for a number of networks and need to roll out these kinds of changes carefully. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:

Seeyou

Expert Member
No Crickets. While we try respond as regularly as possible on the thread, I’m not online 24/7. A reminder, if it’s urgent, please address the query to support.

Still testing the transit. I’ve said before, we’ll communicate when we’re satisfied and ready to bring it into production. We are upstream for a number of networks and need to roll out these kinds of changes carefully. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the update. Understood on the reasoning, it's anticipation on my part more than anything else :)

darrencon

Hi there.

We're very sorry that this is the impression that we've given. Our teams are happy to work with you to resolve the issues, but we'll be making sure that our team reaches out so that we can iron out any communication issues that may have cropped up between Web Squad and ourselves.
@EvotelZA you have now proved this statement to be a load of nonsense. Websquad has proven that the issue is on your side. They have taken the time to send one of the technicians to my house to do some extensive testing. They are now waiting for some co-operation from Evotel. Can you please do something?

JustinB

Expert Member
Every night recently, when warzone looks for a match, it starts searching at ~133ms. After re-establishing a pppoe connection, it drops to ~13ms.

Any ideas?

EvotelZA

Company Rep
@EvotelZA you have now proved this statement to be a load of nonsense. Websquad has proven that the issue is on your side. They have taken the time to send one of the technicians to my house to do some extensive testing. They are now waiting for some co-operation from Evotel. Can you please do something?
Hi there!

I'll be sure to be taking this up with my team. I did make sure to bring your profile to the attention of the team and I am sorry that they haven't got back to you regarding this.

RazorCPT

Every night recently, when warzone looks for a match, it starts searching at ~133ms. After re-establishing a pppoe connection, it drops to ~13ms.

Any ideas?
Funnily enough I also noticed that recently. I just assumed that it was on the COD side as I'd read that if there aren't enough local players it just throws you over to Europe. Never tried a PPPOE reset though, so good to know.

HowTo

Expert Member
It seem this morning the network is on drugs.
Lack luster performance, pages take time to open up on My Broadband and over Wi-Fi browsing.

Hope in the morning it will be better.
Trying to open speed net this morning this is what I get.

Using my phone data much quicker some how.

Attachments

• Lack Luster.jpg
    Lack Luster.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Is the east rand broken again?

More specifically springs, vumatel trenched , have rebooted everything

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep

Seeyou

Expert Member
@websquadza - is anything wrong with international or is the TCP accelerator for CPT down? I'm getting dismal speeds, reflected in NNTP, speedtest, etc:

Seeyou

Expert Member
Seems to be a bit of loss upstream, not sure if that's causing it:

Code:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             192.168.1.1 -    0 |   88 |   88 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|             core.as-01.cp1.za.ws.net.za -    0 |   88 |   88 |    0 |    0 |    1 |    0 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   17 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|        core.pe-xe-ip01.cp1.za.ws.net.za -    0 |   87 |   87 |    0 |    1 |   34 |    1 |
|                          102.220.216.18 -    2 |   84 |   83 |  148 |  149 |  199 |  148 |
|                           185.35.142.32 -    2 |   84 |   83 |  155 |  156 |  163 |  156 |
|                           185.35.140.30 -    2 |   84 |   83 |  156 |  158 |  194 |  194 |
|ge-0-1-0-68.peering1.the.lon1.coreix.net -    0 |   88 |   88 |  155 |  159 |  228 |  156 |
|                 e0-core4.enf.coreix.net -    3 |   80 |   78 |  156 |  158 |  212 |  156 |
|                 m12-ai04.enf.coreix.net -    2 |   83 |   82 |  156 |  157 |  205 |  156 |
|                   No response from host -  100 |   17 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|        85.13.221.178.reverse.coreix.net -    2 |   84 |   83 |  156 |  156 |  207 |  156 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Edit: just noticed the latency is about 10ms higher too.