Web Squad ISP

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Thanks.I see this is a limited offer until 28 Feb 2020. Websquad and Cell C indicate this on their package details... but the other ISPs that offer the package at R1499 don't, however likely the same. What will be the cost after 28Feb 2020 I wonder..?

We haven't received any news from Vumatel in this regard. We're hoping it stays and we'll be transparent about any changes that occur.

DarkSt0rm

Will run some benchmarks for games today for those who are interested, but steam performance is really good :)
1554106344304.png
(NB: Being limited by the HDD here, just installing random big games from my library onto a mechanical drive)

Is your PC directly connected to the CPE?
No, it's on ethernet to a Unifi 8p switch, which is connected to a Unifi security gateway, which is connected to the CPE.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Will run some benchmarks for games today for those who are interested, but steam performance is really good :)
View attachment 640264
(NB: Being limited by the HDD here, just installing random big games from my library onto a mechanical drive)

No, it's on ethernet to a Unifi 8p switch, which is connected to a Unifi security gateway, which is connected to the CPE.

That's a great setup! Keep an eye on it. Vumatel log speedtests to that server, so try a couple connected directly to the CPE if you can.

DarkSt0rm

Pretty respectable speeds on the 'Epic Games Store'
1554107380387.png

After the initial peak, it settled in at a decent speed, especially since I don't think Epic peers/caches in South Africa yet?

1554107450576.png

Edit: They do cache in ZA, at IS to be specific.

Last edited:

S8n667

Does anyone have experience with streaming to Twitch on a WebSquad link?
I also see that WebSquad offer a static IP option on the FTTH deals.. Which would make my life alot easier.

I currently have a 100/100 Line with another ISP, and the throughput to Twitch's ingest servers is a bit sketchy at times.
1080 at 60FPS seems to drop frames.
I've also been battling with latency and packet loss in online games lately, so I'm looking to switch ISP, but the Twitch thing is quite important to me.. as I have a streamer living in the house with me..

DarkSt0rm

Does anyone have experience with streaming to Twitch on a WebSquad link?
I also see that WebSquad offer a static IP option on the FTTH deals.. Which would make my life alot easier.

I currently have a 100/100 Line with another ISP, and the throughput to Twitch's ingest servers is a bit sketchy at times.
1080 at 60FPS seems to drop frames.
I've also been battling with latency and packet loss in online games lately, so I'm looking to switch ISP, but the Twitch thing is quite important to me.. as I have a streamer living in the house with me..
Busy testing bandwidth now

Pho3nix

The Legend
@PBCool, yesterday I asked you to ensure my fiber line was cancelled and released so that Vuma can approve and provision to Websquad. Still not done. I also then asked you to send me an invoice for my VOIP reflecting both telephone numbers that I will be porting. Still not done.

I have sent your accounts department (at your request) and I have not received a single communication from them. You were also cc'd on the mail so there's no excuse why you did not ensure your accounts department handled this this morning. We are now 12:00pm and nothing has been done.

You tell me to follow your procedures, but clearly you and your accounts team don't seem to take it seriously. What's the point of your procedures if you can't even get that right?

You have until 1:30pm today to release my line to Web Squad as well as to send me the VOIP invoice as requested.

Thanks.

Wrong thread?

Looney

Executive Member
Lol, my bad. Should pay more attention to which thread I'm replying on haha!

DarkSt0rm

Twitch runs like twitch in ZA :cautious:
Isn't that grand in terms of bitrate (can hit a constant 3000kbps for a 60fps stream encoding on a 7980xe to an official relay) but it's functional.... Somewhat....

Edit: Forgot to attach this
1554124434242.png

Last edited:

Looney

Executive Member
If Real-Debrid works flawlessly then I'll be a happy chappy because thats majority of my usage.

Zodiak

Hello Web Squad, I'm hearing good things about you guys. I have just put in my cancellation with Cool Ideas and have spoken to Evotel who will facilitate my move to you guys. I really hope it will be a great relationship from 1 May and looking forward to good latency, speed and customer support :)