WebAfrica 100/25 fibre speedtests

fredgr

I have been runnning a speedtest script on my fibre connection with WebAfrica on Octotel (Sea Point). This script IP traffic is configured in my router with the highest queue priority.

Whereas I get a clear 100/25 result most of the time when doing the speedtest to WebAfrica speedtest server, on Sundays evenings (between 7pm and 10 pm), results show an average of 9/25. WebAfrica acknowledges the problem on Sundays evenings and is looking into the matter.

More worrying is the speedtest to SEACOM UK (Slough) server (via SEACOM upstream cable to Europe). This is the average I get on a hourly speedtest for the last 6 days :

SEACOM UK Slough
Ping Download Upload
294.6 ms 2.6 Mbps 2.3 Mbps

Is it normal that i get about 1/30 of the bandwidth I paid for, on an international route ?

I can easily understand the contention ratios and other constraints that users may expect on international routes. But 1/30 seems quite difficult to understand.

scud

I have been runnning a speedtest script on my fibre connection with WebAfrica on Octotel (Sea Point). This script IP traffic is configured in my router with the highest queue priority.

Whereas I get a clear 100/25 result most of the time when doing the speedtest to WebAfrica speedtest server, on Sundays evenings (between 7pm and 10 pm), results show an average of 9/25. WebAfrica acknowledges the problem on Sundays evenings and is looking into the matter.

More worrying is the speedtest to SEACOM UK (Slough) server (via SEACOM upstream cable to Europe). This is the average I get on a hourly speedtest for the last 6 days :

SEACOM UK Slough
Ping Download Upload
294.6 ms 2.6 Mbps 2.3 Mbps

Is it normal that i get about 1/30 of the bandwidth I paid for, on an international route ?

I can easily understand the contention ratios and other constraints that users may expect on international routes. But 1/30 seems quite difficult to understand.
Im in a similar position - WA / Octotel 100/100.

International Traffic , specifically from eu does this in the evenings .

I can only imagine they are shaping ?