Webafrica allowing my topup to expire - blatant theft.

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
So... I purchased a Cell C fixed LTE top-up near the end of the month (2 months ago) to ensure I don't run out of data. I am using Webafrica. It was a 10GB top-up and I was expecting it to be depleted before my new monthly allocated data (as per the conditions).

Well, my top-up expired without being used even though I have used more than 10GBs. I sent a support request, both times I was given a generic response that top-up data is valid for 30 days, each time closing my ticket without acknowledging their fault. This is blatant theft!

Screenshot from their website with the attached conditions.

Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 13.51.41.png

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
So... I purchased a Cell C fixed LTE top-up near the end of the month (2 months ago) to ensure I don't run out of data. I am using Webafrica. It was a 10GB top-up and I was expecting it to be depleted before my new monthly allocated data (as per the conditions).

Well, my top-up expired without being used even though I have used more than 10GBs. I sent a support request, both times I was given a generic response that top-up data is valid for 30 days, each time closing my ticket without acknowledging their fault. This is blatant theft!

Screenshot from their website with the attached conditions.

View attachment 652300
Hi Aqua_lung

Did you query with WebAfrica if your data can be Rolled Over?

^MP

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
Hi Aqua_lung

Did you query with WebAfrica if your data can be Rolled Over?

^MP
Hi Cell C,

I don't think they allow it as the terms says it expires within 30 days. This is not my problem, my problem is that they did not allow my top-up to be used before my allocated monthly bundle. This is how the system should work and has failed to do so.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Cell C,

I don't think they allow it as the terms says it expires within 30 days. This is not my problem, my problem is that they did not allow my top-up to be used before my allocated monthly bundle. This is how the system should work and has failed to do so.
Hi Aqua_lung

We would recommend that you query the order of depletion with them in order to rule out any possible underlying system issues that you may be experiencing with your account. At the very least, it would give more clarity on the depletion.

^MP

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
The latest update from webafrica:

Thank you for contacting Webafrica.

I hope this email finds you in good health.

When we check on our side, the last top up was on the 30th of March 2019.
The data has expired and we can not see how the data was used if it has expired.

Should you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us or call our support team on 086 000 9500.

Kind Regards,
The Webafrica Support Team