Webafrica closing your account if they owe you money

fundutzi

Dear All,

The short version.
Take care when dealing with WebAfrica {WA}.
WA may close your account and make false claims as to the reason if they owe you credit.

The longer version.
I noticed today WebAfrica closed my account. The account is more than 8 years old. I may use it every so often.

I rang support.
- The first claim, yes the account is closed, no we do not owe you any money.
- Once I stated all calls at my end may be recorded for quality and training purposes, I may inform forums, the answer changed.
Now I had to speak to accounts, placed on hold and some time later, yes there was credit. Please email us so we can pay this to you. {+- R620, not much, a principle}
- The new claim now, the account was closed as WA required more information on 2018/02/28.
Hmm, I use google mail, there is no record of this phantom email you claim you send me. There are two other emails on that day for a client, this has zero to do with me.
Also WA, you state you closed the account due inactive products on the account, various clients have zero active products and their accounts, yet, I can login with no issue.

Must assume you are not honest.

We see if others have similar feedback.

chrismine

WA did close my account without notification. I had a 1GB free account I used from time to time.No credit.

fundutzi

I clarify from my end, they cancelled the prepaid account with no notice, I do not complain about this.
The actual credit {R620 in the account} being taken is theft.

We see if others have similar issues.

fundutzi

My account is active again.

The only reason this was resolved was due to me having produced a PDF printout of credit owed to me early in 2018.

Had I not by some accident saved this PDF print out the official support / accounts response on phone and email was: "you (me the client) owe WA money, pay to have your account opened".
To WA discredit, WA claimed they send emails to this affect.
A blatant lie.
I use gmail for any ISP related matters to avoid such claims for a great many years. No emails are ever deleted. No record exist of any emails to this affect from WA.

Lesson to learn from this.
Save your account status in PDF with whatever provider you deal every so often at least.

The question.
Was this an honest mistake at WA or a deliberate method to do away with accounts where they owe you money?
Bear in mind:
The blatant lie than an email was sent warning me the account will be closed.
WA increased the registration cost of a co.za domains by 288% from ZAR 76.5 per year in 2014.11 to ZAR 297 in 2017.10 as per invoice. Many clients will not notice this and simply pay.