Webafrica contact apart from WhatsApp

bees

So I’ve tried sorting out an issue for more than a month. It’s going in circles, they keep passing me onto the next guy, and then need to explain everything again.

I found an email complaints@webafrica.co.za, sent my mail, and it bounced.

Any ideas?

livw88

I feel your pain, had to deal with a billing issue a while back and they are essentially only available via whatsapp. And they love transferring you to other people who might be able to help... spend like 30+ hours to get it sorted. While I was busy looking for other ways to contact them, I found these details online (MyBB, Hellopeter, etc) so it might be of use if they still work. Apart from this, you'll have to do the whatsapp thing, good luck.

unobeat

Reading such threads convinces me to not even bother with signing up with WebAfrica as i don't want to have stress when needing Support.

HartsockZA

Was visiting my Brother Yesterday and his ONT device was flashing red but instead of actually speaking to a person to log the fault we had to go the painful way around with this robot webafrica bot that is utterly useless and when you do get to where you need to it's a bloody nightmare to get ahold of someone cause the bot says "sorry for the long wait still haven't found anyone" or some crap. No Web Africa can literally suck it.

Jefferson D'Arcy

So I’ve tried sorting out an issue for more than a month. It’s going in circles, they keep passing me onto the next guy, and then need to explain everything again.

I found an email complaints@webafrica.co.za, sent my mail, and it bounced.

Any ideas?
Sorry mate, you're screwed. Webafrica have deliberately opted out of doing any meaningful Problem and Incident Management. Hence the bots and unmonitored emails.

ForSure

Expert Member
The most common answer from the whatsapp bots ...

I'm sorry its taking longer than usual to connect you to an agent. I'll keep trying...

bar1

Expert Member
mmmm....just busy moving to web africa and trying to get some support....and can only use that whatsapp bulshit.
what happened to normal tickets and support?

1632153321636.png

if its going to be like that i guess i should try another ISP.

Glipsie

Yup, guess it's time to move

Hi there, Willie-the-bot here...

Our live chat office hours are:

Billing & Support:
Monday to Friday 7am - 9pm, Weekends and Public Holidays 8am - 6pm.

Sales:
Monday to Friday 7am - 6pm, Saturdays 9am - 3pm.

Provisioning:
Monday to Friday 7am - 6pm, Weekends and Public Holidays 8am - 5pm.

Onboarding:
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm, Saturdays 8am - 1pm.

I've taken down all your details and sent a request to our agents asking them to reach out to you as soon as they’re available again. They’ll reach out via Whatsapp, so please keep an eye out for their message during our office hours.

In the meantime, perhaps I can help you with your query? Type 0 to see the main menu.

It's currently 18:55, been trying to get past this stupid bot for the last 30 minutes but it seems to be coded to reject you after 5pm. The email address no longer works and they have on support telephone lines. Must be fun to work the 5pm - 9pm shift ...

bar1

Expert Member
my service is suppose to start tomorrow and i am regretting signing up already.
I am working from home and can't afford not to have internet....going to go charge the 3G dongle.

Waiting for support for 1 hour so far....on whatsapp
edit 1 hour 2 minutes: someone said Hi,how can i help you.
more waiting....
ok 1 hour 20 minutes and they dont have a ticketing system or email support.
they also cant provide me with my ISP username and password until vuma migrate my line.

Last edited:

Friggs

WA is absolutely useless when it comes to support. I looked everywhere for a number I could call but in the end I had to deal with this pathetic WA bot service. And I had to do it twice this year, it's utterly useless! The first time I was waiting over an hour before I got a "Hi, I'm xyz, how can I help?" response. I replied within probably 30 seconds but it took good old xyz another 1h30 to reply to that (and subsequent "where the hell did you go!?" messages)! When I asked how they can answer (after more than an hour) and then vanish he said his manager told him to go and assist a walk-in client or some rubbish... absolutely floored by the useless service.
I would have already moved to another ISP but I cannot afford any downtime since I'm working from home and have no idea how it would work, i.e. would I be offline for any stage of the move from WA to say Afrihost? I'm taking a month's worth of leave in December though so have been waiting till then, I will deal with some downtime if it means I get away from them. This new trend of WA "support bots" annoys me no end as you NEVER get any actual help from it even if you try following the prompts and then they make you jump through hoops before 'putting you through' to a consultant.

bar1

Expert Member
WA is absolutely useless when it comes to support. I looked everywhere for a number I could call but in the end I had to deal with this pathetic WA bot service. And I had to do it twice this year, it's utterly useless! The first time I was waiting over an hour before I got a "Hi, I'm xyz, how can I help?" response. I replied within probably 30 seconds but it took good old xyz another 1h30 to reply to that (and subsequent "where the hell did you go!?" messages)! When I asked how they can answer (after more than an hour) and then vanish he said his manager told him to go and assist a walk-in client or some rubbish... absolutely floored by the useless service.
I would have already moved to another ISP but I cannot afford any downtime since I'm working from home and have no idea how it would work, i.e. would I be offline for any stage of the move from WA to say Afrihost? I'm taking a month's worth of leave in December though so have been waiting till then, I will deal with some downtime if it means I get away from them. This new trend of WA "support bots" annoys me no end as you NEVER get any actual help from it even if you try following the prompts and then they make you jump through hoops before 'putting you through' to a consultant.
Yep that's sounds about right.
But I still think for the 2 times support I require in a year is it not worth the R150 saving?

How's the speed/latency? At the end of the day, that's what counts....

bar1

Expert Member
Yep that's sounds about right.
But I still think for the 2 times support I require in a year is it not worth the R150 saving?

How's the speed/latency? At the end of the day, that's what counts....
Speed/latency of the line, not the support :)

bar1

Expert Member
Alright... So I changed my mind. Lol.
I see people having issues moving away from webafrica and that's definitely not worth the R100 -+ price difference I see from other ISPs.
So what is the best plan of action now? Contacting Web Africa and cancelling won't get me very far I guess. Should I ask cool ideas not to release my line to them? Don't think I should sign up with another ISP right now as it'll confuse things.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Alright... So I changed my mind. Lol.
I see people having issues moving away from webafrica and that's definitely not worth the R100 -+ price difference I see from other ISPs.
So what is the best plan of action now? Contacting Web Africa and cancelling won't get me very far I guess. Should I ask cool ideas not to release my line to them? Don't think I should sign up with another ISP right now as it'll confuse things.
Happy to try retain you, PM me your details of the cancellation

DuCy

I have had my fibre line with WebAfrica for many years with no issues, therefore I never needed to make use of their customer service.

In August I put in my cancellation notice with them because I wanted the new 500Mbps uncapped Openserve offering from Afrihost which WebAfrica didn't have at the time. Two days before my cancellation was due I noticed that they had the same 500Mbps uncapped fibre offering on their website so decided it would be less of a headache to just have them upgrade my line instead.

Huuuuuuuuge mistake!!!!!!

The majority of their customer service personnel are incompetent beyond belief. They have been "unable" to upgrade my line for reasons they can't explain. The worst part is I can't leave them because in trying to upgrade me "they had to terminate the cancellation notice first".

It's been 4 days of constantly being passed around from agent to agent, department to department but here i am still with no internet. I feel like they are holding my line hostage because they are refusing to immediately release my line claiming that i would have to put in a new cancellation notice to run until November.

Worst customer service ever in my book.

thehuman

Expert Member
Was thinking about this whatsapp only support when whatsapp was dead yesterday for 6 hours .

Won't touch them with a 10 foot pole