WebAfrica - Fibre Speed and Router (Billion) Wifi Issue

^^rac

Hi guys

Need some help / guidence. I recently upgraded to fibre, from a 4mb DSL (that was not so good from the start) to 100MB Uncapped Fibre. I have a Billion 7800NX router, which has been my router for years. I think it only supports 802.11bgn. Not Ac ax etc.

I have found that if im on wifi, sitting next to the router i sometimes get 30mbps, sometimes it drops as low as 2 - 5mbps on a 100MB line.
And it goes up and down, daily. ( i never noticed this when i was on DSL) If i plug in, via LAN i get 90mbps, everytime the whole time, which means my fibre runs nominally. My question is, is my router to old to handle the new load, altough in the specs, it says it can manage upto 1gbps WAN throughput? My router also only supports 2.4ghz wireless and not 5G..

My question is, why would wifi be so unstable, as i never experienced it while i was on ADSL (Maybe i never noticed it?) Also to mention, my place is very small, so its not like i need an extender and so on, it purely seems if my wifi thoughput from the router flucuates basically the whole time, and i dont know why?

I hope someone else came across this to try and guide me? Thanks for the help guys

^^rac

Thanks guys, i connected the TP Link, its okayish, not the best, but atleast things are better now :)