Webafrica price hike 0.1 day into service

Kawak

Webafrica is the biggest scam in the world, signed up for R559 upon installation of fibre CPE they started charging at the new higher price of R649, upon query, "we just had a price increase". This is even before I can use the fibre as the router hasn't arrived.

Be aware of this company, they are definitely not proper, and the attitude I got when calling them is just stone cold.

Stay very very very far away.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
The price increase only kicks in next month, doesn't it? Frogfoot did it to everyone, only officially announcing the increase on the 20th.

Lynn#1

Webafrica is the biggest scam in the world, signed up for R559 upon installation of fibre CPE they started charging at the new higher price of R649, upon query, "we just had a price increase". This is even before I can use the fibre as the router hasn't arrived.

Be aware of this company, they are definitely not proper, and the attitude I got when calling them is just stone cold.

Stay very very very far away.

Good Morning, I have exactly the same problem I also signed up for the R559 deal and my first invoice I have received was for R649.00 That is a jump of R90.00. When I spoke to consultant, they told me that a mail was sent out. But I don't feel it is fair. There should be a lock when you sign a deal for at least 12 months. What is there that we can do so that this comes to an end. We must force them to lock the price on signing new deals for at least 12 months.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
We get price increase notifications from FNOs usually with a month or twos notice. Only way to secure pricing would be to have contracts which consumers also don't want.

So tricky to try and lock pricing when FNOs constitute for 80% of your monthly fee.

Lynn#1

We get price increase notifications from FNOs usually with a month or twos notice. Only way to secure pricing would be to have contracts which consumers also don't want.

So tricky to try and lock pricing when FNOs constitute for 80% of your monthly fee.

In my opinion, consumers would want a month to month, to confirm the service they are receiving and the best price. So if I, as a consumer, am guaranteed of good service and a good price for 12 months, I would not have a problem signing up for a contract. Why not then make that option available to clients who ARE interested. Because we are bound in any case for the 12 month period if we want free installation, so why not just include the locked fee for first 12 months at least? Or at least then be transparent and inform consumers that the can be a price increase at any time if not fixed period contract is in place?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
In my opinion, consumers would want a month to month, to confirm the service they are receiving and the best price. So if I, as a consumer, am guaranteed of good service and a good price for 12 months, I would not have a problem signing up for a contract. Why not then make that option available to clients who ARE interested. Because we are bound in any case for the 12 month period if we want free installation, so why not just include the locked fee for first 12 months at least? Or at least then be transparent and inform consumers that the can be a price increase at any time if not fixed period contract is in place?
The notification of price changes would have to be in their agreed terms and conditions, so if they aren't sticking to that then raise it with them.

And if you wanted the free installation then it would also be to the agreed terms, which is the same thing as a contract really.

Lynn#1

The notification of price changes would have to be in their agreed terms and conditions, so if they aren't sticking to that then raise it with them.

And if you wanted the free installation then it would also be to the agreed terms, which is the same thing as a contract really.
My point as well. So if they can say that if you use the free installation option, you cannot cancel for 12 months otherwise pay back the installation fee, then why can't they be that transparent about their fee increases as well. Just inform clients before signing up that with no fixed term contract in place, fees can increase anytime, even with your very first invoice. I think that would influence whether consumers signs a fixed term contract or not. And also let the consumer know that they can expect as much as a 16% increase in fees in your very first month after signing up. I can guarantee more consumers will sign a fixed term, fixed rate contract.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
My point as well. So if they can say that if you use the free installation option, you cannot cancel for 12 months otherwise pay back the installation fee, then why can't they be that transparent about their fee increases as well. Just inform clients before signing up that with no fixed term contract in place, fees can increase anytime, even with your very first invoice. I think that would influence whether consumers signs a fixed term contract or not. And also let the consumer know that they can expect as much as a 16% increase in fees in your very first month after signing up. I can guarantee more consumers will sign a fixed term, fixed rate contract.
Well it's unlikely they would be able to increase pricing at any time.

Do their terms state they can change the pricing at any time?