WebAfrica REP your support is non existent.

blaine666

I have no internet at my business for days now, impossible to get hold of anybody at WebAfrica, tried calling, WhatsApp and Twitter, they have completely stuffed up my internet, currently running on Rain while I wait for CoolIdeas to come and install a new line for me, will be paying double for Fibre until I can cancel WebAfrica, it was easier to just get a new fibre line then trying to cancel and move to a new ISP, very sad what is going on at WebAfrica and lockdown simply is not an excuse anymore for this piss poor service. @WebAfrica Helper @PBCool

cavedog

Honorary Master
I have no internet at my business for days now, impossible to get hold of anybody at WebAfrica, tried calling, WhatsApp and Twitter, they have completely stuffed up my internet, currently running on Rain while I wait for CoolIdeas to come and install a new line for me, will be paying double for Fibre until I can cancel WebAfrica, it was easier to just get a new fibre line then trying to cancel and move to a new ISP, very sad what is going on at WebAfrica and lockdown simply is not an excuse anymore for this piss poor service. @WebAfrica Helper @PBCool

Who is the fibre cable provider?

blaine666

That means a new premises needs to be created before an order can even be placed since the address already has an active service with Webafrica.

If thats what has to be done so be it, BTW VUMA cannot find any active line for my address right now, thats what I was told on the phone, they say the address I have given has no active service. Doesn't make any sense considering I have fibre a good few years already, my neighbourhood was 2nd or 3rd to get Fibre in JHB.

cavedog

Honorary Master
If thats what has to be done so be it, BTW VUMA cannot find any active line for my address right now, thats what I was told on the phone, they say the address I have given has no active service. Doesn't make any sense considering I have fibre a good few years already, my neighbourhood was 2nd or 3rd to get Fibre in JHB.

Could be that your current line is not on the correct address. If that is the case then you can place a new install order for your address and they will install. You will pay the Vumatel install fee again.

Have you asked Webafrica to terminate your current service so you can move to another ISP? That is possible. They won't refund you but it is possible.

blaine666

Could be that your current line is not on the correct address. If that is the case then you can place a new install order for your address and they will install. You will pay the Vumatel install fee again.

Have you asked Webafrica to terminate your current service so you can move to another ISP? That is possible. They won't refund you but it is possible.

Something clearly happened at WebAfrica with my account, but like I said I cannot get hold of them so I have to wait, ideally I have decided I would keep my account with WebAfrica as a backup and have a new line with another ISP (preferably CoolIdeas) as well as primary, so two fibre lines coming into one property.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Something clearly happened at WebAfrica with my account, but like I said I cannot get hold of them so I have to wait, ideally I have decided I would keep my account with WebAfrica as a backup and have a new line with another ISP (preferably CoolIdeas) as well as primary, so two fibre lines coming into one property.

Well you can always drop me your address if you want me to double check if there is an order in ;)

patrict

Completely defying belief, I got a gentleman by the name of Rory on the WhatsApp technical support channel yesterday who was great!

He got ping and traceroute results for my intermittent speed issue and escalated them to the correct people, and then resolved the billing refund issue I have been struggling with for 2 months! Time will tell if anything comes of the connectivity issue, but the refund was a big win after so long.

@ginggs still no sign of the elusive WebAfrica Helper sadly...

Thanks Rory!

So as it turns out I spoke too soon... Still no resolution on my connectivity issue, and still no refund, after receiving an email stating that I would be getting a refund...

Time to contact the CEO directly?

Jefferson D'Arcy

Webafrica are dire.

Anyone who knows anything about service management is able to work out that they're running the support desk on the cheap. Why bother with aftersales when you can focus on growth and have all that handy recurring revenue from locked-in contracts?

Work ethic can't be great for the team in place as customers will be irate with the excessive wait times and scripted nature of their responses when you do reach someone. Attrition in the team must be massive.

hyperian

Expert Member
Wish I had heeded the warnings before signing up with them. My fibre line was activated Friday and I'm yet to be able to connect. Have tried 3 routers, direct pppoe connections from a pc, all fail. The agents on the WhatsApp channel, if you can ever get hold of one, just close the chat. Not sure what else to do besides stopping by their head office and dumping poo at the front entrance. Anyone want to come with?

Big_A

Been 6 days of no internet now.... whatsapp support is non existant, can't get voice access, log tickets to get told that I'll get feedback in 24 to 48 hours..... 6 days later, nothing! Infuriating - can't work from home, kids can't do school work - and I'm paying for a service that doesn't exist. Sean Nourse you have a big problem!

blaine666

Been 6 days of no internet now.... whatsapp support is non existant, can't get voice access, log tickets to get told that I'll get feedback in 24 to 48 hours..... 6 days later, nothing! Infuriating - can't work from home, kids can't do school work - and I'm paying for a service that doesn't exist. Sean Nourse you have a big problem!

I feel your pain, I was down at a business with no support, eventually took to nagging them on Twitter and it worked, strangely the problem was on VUMA side, but VUMA will not do anything without a ticket been logged by your ISP, and that was the problem, couldn't get hold of ISP WebAfrica. The Twitter team eventually did something. Try that maybe.

sparticus

Expert Member
I logged a Query via the portal on the 23 May 2020 and they replied back on the 13th June 2020 !!

Then I Queried their new price increase on the 14th July 2020 and they replied back on the 10 August 2020. So I no longer logged suppor tickets with them. I am moving ISP's. Just need to find the correct one. Any recommendations ? I am looking for mostly gaming purposes.

patrict

So I FINALLY got a callback from one of the support managers at WebAfrica! They were able to get my refund issue resolved in less than an hour. After struggling since May...

I mentioned all of the other complaints I have been seeing while trying to deal with their poor support, and have forwarded this thread for her to take up with management. Hopefully something comes of it.

blaine666

I logged a Query via the portal on the 23 May 2020 and they replied back on the 13th June 2020 !!

Then I Queried their new price increase on the 14th July 2020 and they replied back on the 10 August 2020. So I no longer logged suppor tickets with them. I am moving ISP's. Just need to find the correct one. Any recommendations ? I am looking for mostly gaming purposes.

So far I am having great service from Cool Ideas in my process to move away from WebAfrica.

pondo104

I've sent mails, phoned and sat listening to music for god knows how long.
Got directed to whatsapp chat which is super fast...NOT.
Been trying to get assistance for 3 days now.
they not advertising this but you can chat to a support agent on their facebook page.