Weber Braaing

RanzB

Honorary Master
I managed to loosen the bottom vent on mine just last week with a liberal spray of penetrating oil and a crescent wrench.

Mine was caked with fat because of a lack of drip tray, and the top one came off completely. I was gifted a Weber so I just swapped the lids for now.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Has anyone come up with a cool idea for an ash catcher?
My weber is the stock standard that uses a beetle hubcap to catch the ash, works wonderful but when the wind picks up there is ash all over the place

Pineapple Smurf

Some sort of coffee/milo tin in between hubcap and weber?
Yes, perfect, a poor hobo mate of mine in Gordons Bay buys those big 750g tins of Ricoffy.
I will just cut it to size and pop it in between hub cap and weber and all the ash can fall into that.
Awesome, many thanx :thumbsup:

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Has anyone come up with a cool idea for an ash catcher?
My weber is the stock standard that uses a beetle hubcap to catch the ash, works wonderful but when the wind picks up there is ash all over the place

7fe2163d1dc410f4716dec19c2d80eca.jpg

Pineapple Smurf

Yikes @bwana that's a bit heavy for mine, i should of mentioned I cut the legs waaaaay shorter and its now on a floating shelf I built during lockdown.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-13 at 13.49.41.jpeg

Pineapple Smurf

no chance, i dont want anything on the floor except my 1 leg of the table thats mounted to the wall, the chairs and my feet. Its so easy sweeping the balcony once a week when the floor area is neat and clean. Speaking of which, I need to go sweep today before the wind picks up again