Website blocking not the best way to fight piracy in South Africa

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Block all you want, I know how to VPN..

As for our government that wanna stop piracy, maybe they should start in house 1st and start paying or switch to Opensource before they can come try and tell me not to pirate.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
The best way to fight piracy is through pricing and distribution.
Not by propping up archaic old content restrictions and the distribution methods of dinosaurs.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
It will surely curb it. Why pay for a VPN when there's a myriad of legal options available...

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
It will surely curb it. Why pay for a VPN when there's a myriad of legal options available...
Because the legal options are severely lacking for some industries.

Music, games, TV shows & books have far superior legal alternatives to piracy.

Films though are abysmal. Expensive to even rent, ultra slow international rollout, frequently hits cinemas when the HD download is already available etc.

Hollywood likes to b**ch about piracy of their films, whilst not providing an acceptable legal alternative. Very smart.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Because the legal options are severely lacking for some industries.

Music, games, TV shows & books have far superior legal alternatives to piracy.

Films though are abysmal. Expensive to even rent, ultra slow international rollout, frequently hits cinemas when the HD download is already available etc.

Hollywood likes to b**ch about piracy of their films, whilst not providing an acceptable legal alternative. Very smart.
Luckily I don't care since Hollywood keep on rehashing the same movies yoy anyway.