Website Hosts

Who is better to host wordpress websites with?

- Texo
- Afrihost

Which offers better performance and speed?

SharkBait

Executive Member
Who is better to host wordpress websites with?

- Texo
- Afrihost

Which offers better performance and speed?
How will you measure performance and speed?

If you are asking this question, I would assume that you are talking about hosting a normal small wordpress site, hence my question.

Yes i am...I have done everything to make sure my sites are fast and optimized as much as possible. Yet site performances are not quite where we want it. Someone suggested that it could be the host that I am with. Hence my query.

SharkBait

Executive Member
Yes i am...I have done everything to make sure my sites are fast and optimized as much as possible. Yet site performances are not quite where we want it. Someone suggested that it could be the host that I am with. Hence my query.
Thank you for the information. In this case, I would suggest Domains.co.za . Else, why not look at getting your own VPS, then at least you know you are not sharing server resources with other people?

If you only want to test, PM me and then I will test host on my server for you and you can check. :)

DeSLAM

Who would you say is Hetzner's best competitors - when it comes to reliable shared Linux hosting ?

And how many domains do you host at the competitor you are recommending?

Hetzner is becoming pretty expensive themselves, and forcing package upgrades - they are also selling a 3rd party firewall security product as an add on at a price - while the provider of the product actually offers their product for FREE up to 4GB traffic per month.

I've been hosting domains for more than 15 years with some of SA's leading hosting providers - but it appears some are changing their focus and are not interested in hosting small sites.