Website to track bad service delivery? Axxess sadv fiber no internet for two weeks

maessof

How is it legal that a company can charge me full price but have not provided internet for half the time. This is theft.
There support seem to be messing me around as well. What incentive do any of these company's have to actually fix problem if they can just get away with stealing.
Is it legal to create a website calling all of this out?
Is there already a website that tracks this?
If I had known axxess can take more than two weeks to fix a fault I would have never signed up with them.

We need to find away to make these ISP's more accountable.

ld13

Honorary Master
ha

haHa

Hahahaha

No offence, but this is Africa. Our FTTH model means that you end up with a product that has an SLA worse than ADSL. You are at the mercy of the FNO - sadv in this case, with your ISP simply playing middleman. Check the terms of service with Axxess ...

maessof

We need to
ha

haHa

Hahahaha

No offence, but this is Africa. Our FTTH model means that you end up with a product that has an SLA worse than ADSL. You are at the mercy of the FNO - sadv in this case, with your ISP simply playing middleman. Check the terms of service with Axxess ...
Thanks, yeah , one time I ended up skipping the middleman calling sadv directly and fixed a week long internet cut in 5 minutes. Yeah they don't do refunds.

RedViking

Nord of the South
How is it legal that a company can charge me full price but have not provided internet for half the time. This is theft.
There support seem to be messing me around as well. What incentive do any of these company's have to actually fix problem if they can just get away with stealing.
If I had known axxess can take more than two weeks to fix a fault I would have never signed up with them.

Axxess is just the middle man. They have to wait for Vodacom / Telkom / MTN to fix the fault. Axxess has no control over the infrastructure or lack of service because of it. Any ISP though, not only Axxess.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member

Cancel then.

Most of the ones who engage on MyBB are decent enough and do something to help.

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
Axxess is just the middle man. They have to wait for Vodacom / Telkom / MTN to fix the fault. Axxess has no control over the infrastructure or lack of service because of it. Any ISP though, not only Axxess.
Axxess is not the middle man. Axxess is the party you contract with and they have the responsibility to fulfil the contract, i.e. delivering the service. Nowhere in the terms of service does it say that Axxess are just taking a sales commission and if you have any problems contact the FNO.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Axxess is not the middle man. Axxess is the party you contract with and they have the responsibility to fulfil the contract, i.e. delivering the service. Nowhere in the terms of service does it say that Axxess are just taking a sales commission and if you have any problems contact the FNO.
You not gonna find it with any other ISP. They have no control over the infrastructure, and I have never heard of refunds where you are without a service due to the other parties. What did Axxess say when you asked if they can refund you for the period you were/are without fibre?

@PBCool what does cool ideas do when a user has been without a connection for weeks, do you reimburse the client?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
You not gonna find it with any other ISP. They have no control over the infrastructure, and I have never heard of refunds where you are without a service due to the other parties. What did Axxess say when you asked if they can refund you for the period you were/are without fibre?

@PBCool what does cool ideas do when a user has been without a connection for weeks, do you reimburse the client?
It's complicated, if it was due to our negligence then we would credit without question.

But as an example:

We had a client in Saxonwold whereby Johannesburg water dug up a Vumatel feeder cable (weren't following the build plans), Vumatel came out and reapliced everything over 2 days.

They then dug it up again, Vumatel then said they would have to wait for Johannesburg water to complete their work before doing more repairs, this took another 2 days. Then another 2 days to resplice.

Basically a quarter of the suburb was down for a week.

What should happen here is Johannesburg water should be fined and Vumatel then credited, and so us credited and customers credited.

But realistically that isn't going to happen, and because Vumatel or the ISP isn't at fault, them or ourselves shouldn't have to fit the bill.

In most of these individual cases it's the FNOs issue and they have a no credit policy typically speaking, if we were to credit every occasion they were at fault this puts our business at risk.

Captain Axxess

Company Representative
Company Rep

Hi there, please DM me your account details and give me a description of the issue.

maessof

Hey, sorry guys I frequent too many other forums'. I need to get used to checking South Africas main forumn.

The reply from Axxxess was
@RedViking
""
2021-05-28 11:55:50

Hi

Thank you for your email.

We do not pass credit for slow speed and downtime.

All services sold by Axxess are provided as a best-effort service, uptime and speeds cannot be guaranteed unless otherwise stated. During any technical failure, modification, or maintenance of the service provided, Axxess will use its reasonable endeavors to resume the service as soon as possible. This excludes upstream provider infrastructure that is not within the control of Axxess DSL.

Thank you

Kind Regards""

@PBCool The main issue is I am left extremely frustrated. Its been two weeks and I have had zero explanation.
There seemed to be lot of feet dragging by axxess, My fault was only logged an entire week after i first contacted them. Its also happened a couple times before never with an explanation, normally for about a week.

@Captain Axxess I already sent them to you but will send again. Thank you.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hey, sorry guys I frequent too many other forums'. I need to get used to checking South Africas main forumn.

The reply from Axxxess was
@RedViking
""
2021-05-28 11:55:50

Hi

Thank you for your email.

We do not pass credit for slow speed and downtime.

All services sold by Axxess are provided as a best-effort service, uptime and speeds cannot be guaranteed unless otherwise stated. During any technical failure, modification, or maintenance of the service provided, Axxess will use its reasonable endeavors to resume the service as soon as possible. This excludes upstream provider infrastructure that is not within the control of Axxess DSL.

Thank you

Kind Regards""

@PBCool The main issue is I am left extremely frustrated. Its been two weeks and I have had zero explanation.
There seemed to be lot of feet dragging by axxess, My fault was only logged an entire week after i first contacted them. Its also happened a couple times before never with an explanation, normally for about a week.

@Captain Axxess I already sent them to you but will send again. Thank you.
Sorry man, I expected that reply and understand where they come from, but also understand your frustration ( I would be as well, when I was on Telkom ADSL I went days without Internet at multiple times).

I can recommend cool ideas though. I can imagine they can't always refund, but I do find @PBCool to try to accommodate their customers where possible.

maessof

@RedViking Yeah , There is probably going to be an in-between switching ISP's where I don't have internet for a bit again which I was worried about a week into this fault when I first looked at the procedure to switch ISP, now 2 and a half weeks in, seems best to bite the bullet. When I first signed up with axxess they were the highest rated ISP in 2015.

RedViking

Nord of the South
@RedViking Yeah , There is probably going to be an in-between switching ISP's where I don't have internet for a bit again which I was worried about a week into this fault when I first looked at the procedure to switch ISP, now 2 and a half weeks in, seems best to bite the bullet. When I first signed up with axxess they were the highest rated ISP in 2015.
So what I do (mostly cause I work from home for international clients). I have my Fibre and then I also have month to month Fixed LTE with MTN. It does cost a bit for the Router (think R1500 or something), but then you have a backup at least. So I always have an LTE bundle on top of my Fibre, whether I use it or not. Loadshedding however nothing seems to work properly anyways no matter what you have.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Also remember with Axxess I think you need to give 2 months notice or something. (they say a month, but there are some TsCs attached to it). So yeah, you might lose out a bit, but in the longrun hopefully it was worth it.