WeBuyCars now Offering Dekra Roadworthy Vouchers - Your Thoughts...

dyllindd

Hi Everyone,

I noticed this morning on WeBuyCars' (WBC) Website that some of the vehicles now come with a "Dekra Roadworthy Voucher".
Upon further inspection it seems that these are the Category A (Finance) Vehicles that do not require any additional work.
It seems that these vehicles would be the equivalent to those purchased from a Reputable 2nd Hand Dealer Franchise.

I am unsure if this has anything to with Transaction Capital Limited buying into the business but it does seem that WBC is trying to increase transparency w.r.t. the condition of their vehicles. However, this is still no replacement for a person with the necessary expertise to check out a car prior to purchasing it.

1628082831775.png

What are you thoughts on this? Is it a "too little too late" situation? To be fair, WBC have not always been very transparent on vehicle conditions and they racked up a lot of HelloPeter complaints over the last couple of years.

OR could this possibly lead to individual / dealers picking out the better condition vehicles and leaving WBC with a lot of bad-condition vehicles that no one ends up buying?

Thanks in advance!

WAslayer

Executive Member
This has been in place since at least April/May when I was looking for a new car..

Service

The way I see it, the road worthy voucher is applicable for cars on auction. The non auctioned cars, both category A and B have Derka reports uploaded. And you are correct, the reports are not advertised as in your picture/auctions; you have to look for them, but they have been there for quite a while. I first saw them in July last year.