WeChat boasts top spot in South African iTunes store

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I'm okay with this. WeChat is a slick app on Android. The only reason I don't use it is because I don't know anyone else who uses it. I would ditch WhatsApp for WeChat without hesitation if everyone else did.

CorneN

Expert Member
Another chat app.. So glad I weened myself of these. Next facebook.

Fox1

Expert Member
It's a horrible app. Most people I know just download it to see what it's like and then remove it.

SilverCode

According to WeChat, GWI reported that its platform grew 379% during the period Q2 to Q4 2013
If I create a new messaging app today, and tomorrow I get 5 of my friends to use it, I will have a 500% growth rate. Would that make me more popular than WeChat?

Macethy

Most people just downloaded it because 5FM and 94.7 are giving away cash prizes to people who enter a competition through it :D

Gulio

Banned
Been getting about 3-5 notifications a day of users in my phonebook that joined WeChat.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
Wechat was only about 5 mins on my phone before I removed it faster than what it took to load!

APoc184

Honorary Master
Another reason people downloaded it so furiously is because they all believed Whatsapp was going to start charging the $1.99 subscription per year.

I remember all social media was full of angry people and all of them downloaded and loved WeChat and Whatsapp was the worse app ever... Now they are all back on Whatsapp again. :rolleyes: