Weed growers thread

muishond94

So my three girls are entering their final few weeks – and now it is definite that they will be harvested within lockdown.

The runt – pictured at a mighty 20cm, will be first! What do you guys make of her? She was a stunted, freakish little thing for most of her life, but has really fattened up quite nicely over the last two weeks and smells amazing

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.35.56 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.35.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 1.35.50 PM.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 38

muishond94

Nice and beefy looking for a small plant :) Any specific strain? Or was it bag seed.
It was from a bag of of 420M's Strawberry Cough. So its a cross of that with who knows? And ja, pretty chuffed about the litte tennis ball

muishond94

A question for Cape Town based guys. Has anyone tried growing auto's through our winter, outdoors? My babies are about to get the chop (week or two max now!) and yeah, I'm gonna miss having something to grow and care for

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
That's the exact reason why autos were created, for places like Russia etc. Main concern would be mould so just check for that.

MrBud

What's up everyone, I hope you all had a dank 420 yesterday!

I have 3 regular seeds growing at the moment, and they've only just entered flower.

What are your thoughts on snipping some leaves and some basic LST once a plant has flowered?

muishond94

How long have they been flowering for?

I don't think LST, except in the first week, maybe two, of flowering makes much sense, as the plant trades its elasticity for structural strength, to hold up the incoming flowers. I also don't see the sense in removing leaves during flower, as they won't grow back, cause the plant stress (costing you time) and yeah, we are going into winter, so you are really going to want that little g to photosynthesize as much as possible.

My two cents

MrBud

How long have they been flowering for?

I don't think LST, except in the first week, maybe two, of flowering makes much sense, as the plant trades its elasticity for structural strength, to hold up the incoming flowers. I also don't see the sense in removing leaves during flower, as they won't grow back, cause the plant stress (costing you time) and yeah, we are going into winter, so you are really going to want that little g to photosynthesize as much as possible.

My two cents
They're like 2/3 weeks into flower.

Yeah I'm sort of on the same wavelength - I want to get the most out of my yield but I think it might be a little late. I think I'd rather just let them be and not disturb them at all.

The Horseman

If it has just started flowering then its fine to snip leaves. You definitely want to clean up the underneath of the plant, also remove leaves that are covering bud sites.

You can also take leaves off at week 5 of flower to expose bud sites

MrBud

If it has just started flowering then its fine to snip leaves. You definitely want to clean up the underneath of the plant, also remove leaves that are covering bud sites.

You can also take leaves off at week 5 of flower to expose bud sites
No later than week 5 hey?

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
Hi everyone.

So i have about 5 seeds from some outdoor that i recently consumed. I figure before i get onto the level of some of u guys here... i might as well try with some free seeds.

Do i just give it the old primary school biology project treatment and put them in some wet cotton wool and see what happens? Or is there a better method?

Could we maybe have some basic techniques and timelines on the 1st post?

Like when to grow (seasons)
What stuff happens at what timeline more or less
and what to do when said stuff happens?

Thanks

The Horseman

Hi everyone.

So i have about 5 seeds from some outdoor that i recently consumed. I figure before i get onto the level of some of u guys here... i might as well try with some free seeds.

Do i just give it the old primary school biology project treatment and put them in some wet cotton wool and see what happens? Or is there a better method?

Could we maybe have some basic techniques and timelines on the 1st post?

Like when to grow (seasons)
What stuff happens at what timeline more or less
and what to do when said stuff happens?

Thanks

You are kinda asking for a full break down of growing, it would take me all day to explain everything. :p

But I will try. Yes it is best to use bag seed or free seeds for your first grow, or even your first few until you get the hang of it. I messed up a few plants when I started, but they were cheap seeds.

Easiest way to germinate your seeds is to take a tupperware, put 1 or 2 layers of paper towel at the bottom, wet the paper towel lightly, don't drench it, just wet. Put your seeds in and cover them up with another layer of paper towel. Make sure the top piece is also wet. Then put the tupperware in a dark warm place, keep an edge of the tupperware cracked open just for a little air.

Another easy way which is basically the same except instead of tupperware you use a zip lock bag, place the wet paper towel into the zip lock with the seed in and blow some air into the bag and zip closed.

4 - 7 days you should have a popped seed.

As for seasons, you want to plant October, Nov, Dec, depending how big you want your plants. Flower will start Feb, March and you should have a harvest by end of March / April.

Hope that helps.

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
You are kinda asking for a full break down of growing, it would take me all day to explain everything. :p

But I will try. Yes it is best to use bag seed or free seeds for your first grow, or even your first few until you get the hang of it. I messed up a few plants when I started, but they were cheap seeds.

Easiest way to germinate your seeds is to take a tupperware, put 1 or 2 layers of paper towel at the bottom, wet the paper towel lightly, don't drench it, just wet. Put your seeds in and cover them up with another layer of paper towel. Make sure the top piece is also wet. Then put the tupperware in a dark warm place, keep an edge of the tupperware cracked open just for a little air.

Another easy way which is basically the same except instead of tupperware you use a zip lock bag, place the wet paper towel into the zip lock with the seed in and blow some air into the bag and zip closed.

4 - 7 days you should have a popped seed.

As for seasons, you want to plant October, Nov, Dec, depending how big you want your plants. Flower will start Feb, March and you should have a harvest by end of March / April.

Hope that helps.

Big Thanks! Very helpful to start.

Very much appreciated :) :thumbsup:

What harm would it do if i germinated now? probably a weak plant with weak crop? or worse, it wont survive the cold at all hey?

The Horseman

easiest method to germinate and test too see of the seed is okay...put the seed into a cup of room temp water. if it floats then the seed is not damaged...after 2-4 days the seed will sink in the water which means it has taken in water and germinated.once it has sunk in the water then place the seed directly into soil 2cm down. i have had 100% success rate this way

Also a good way to do it.

Big Thanks! Very helpful to start.

Very much appreciated :) :thumbsup:

What harm would it do if i germinated now? probably a weak plant with weak crop? or worse, it wont survive the cold at all hey?

Yeah it is late in the season to plant. Your plants won't get big and buds will be small.

I would recommend trying out autos, very hardy and easy to grow. Literally buy a fabric pot, some good seeds (about R100 a seed) and some good cannabis soil (just cannabis is great) and boom, germinate your seed, pop it in the soil and leave it. 8 weeks you will have a harvest. I just harvested 2 autos, they are so easy and fun to grow. Yields are not amazing though.

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member

Yeah it is late in the season to plant. Your plants won't get big and buds will be small.

I would recommend trying out autos, very hardy and easy to grow. Literally buy a fabric pot, some good seeds (about R100 a seed) and some good cannabis soil (just cannabis is great) and boom, germinate your seed, pop it in the soil and leave it. 8 weeks you will have a harvest. I just harvested 2 autos, they are so easy and fun to grow. Yields are not amazing though.

thanks to you both. This should be in the 1st post of the thread. :)
and maybe with care instructions for each month from start to finish.

Or linky links to websites :)

much appreciated guys.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master

What was the yield on your autos?
thanks to you both. This should be in the 1st post of the thread. :)
and maybe with care instructions for each month from start to finish.

Or linky links to websites :)

much appreciated guys.

That's all you need for now.

mostertr

Hi,

I have a male black magic seedling. If anyone is interested in breeding with it.

Attachments

• IMG-20200419-WA0028.jpeg
    IMG-20200419-WA0028.jpeg
    612.9 KB · Views: 45