Weed growers thread

Jimmy-Z

Looks like a good product. I’ll try them out.
P.S. Hydroponic.co.za looks like growers heaven :love:
That's literally where I get all my growing supplies. If you want to try hydro, then their autopot xl system with an airdome is the way to go. I'm hoping to add another pot or 2 to my outdoor system in spring.

CagedNick

That's literally where I get all my growing supplies. If you want to try hydro, then their autopot xl system with an airdome is the way to go. I'm hoping to add another pot or 2 to my outdoor system in spring.
I hope to someday play with the big boys/girls (hydro gurus). I’ll stick to my simple auto outdoor grow for now.

byronsn

Hey bud, how long she been in flower? Doesn't look nearly ready at all. Strain?

howsit, that pic is from about two weeks ago, week 7 of flower. Currently in week 9, and only a few days from harvest. Monitoring daily to check when i can harvest. Will probably harvest in stages as not all will be ready in at the same time. Its Durban Poison by Dutch Passion genetics.

https://growdiaries.com/diaries/52658-dutch-passion-durban-poison-grow-journal-by-stoned-trees

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master

The Horseman

howsit, that pic is from about two weeks ago, week 7 of flower. Currently in week 9, and only a few days from harvest. Monitoring daily to check when i can harvest. Will probably harvest in stages as not all will be ready in at the same time. Its Durban Poison by Dutch Passion genetics.

https://growdiaries.com/diaries/52658-dutch-passion-durban-poison-grow-journal-by-stoned-trees

Ah lekker! Dutch passion are decent, Ive done a few grows using their genetics. Looking good man!

MrBud

What's up ladies and gents!

I'm close to completing my first homegrow, but I have a question about maturity.

My plant is in its 7th week of flower now. Looking at the trichomes, they're just about all cloudy and amber specks are starting to pop up - which is where I would like to be as I'm after a hybrid effect, leaning towards an indica effect. I understand the use of trichomes as a guideline for what sort of effect you would like, but is 7 weeks enough time for a plant to reach maturity regardless of trichome appearance? Would it be worth leaving for another week?

The Horseman

What's up ladies and gents!

I'm close to completing my first homegrow, but I have a question about maturity.

My plant is in its 7th week of flower now. Looking at the trichomes, they're just about all cloudy and amber specks are starting to pop up - which is where I would like to be as I'm after a hybrid effect, leaning towards an indica effect. I understand the use of trichomes as a guideline for what sort of effect you would like, but is 7 weeks enough time for a plant to reach maturity regardless of trichome appearance? Would it be worth leaving for another week?

Most strains are ready between 8 and 9 weeks, but you do get early finishers. Trichs don't lie, if they all cloudy it's at it's peak, if you seeing amber it means THC is starting to break down, but if you looking for a more indica couch lock then leave her at least another week, check trichs until you see more amber and then she's probably ready.

Post some pics.

MrBud

Most strains are ready between 8 and 9 weeks, but you do get early finishers. Trichs don't lie, if they all cloudy it's at it's peak, if you seeing amber it means THC is starting to break down, but if you looking for a more indica couch lock then leave her at least another week, check trichs until you see more amber and then she's probably ready.

Post some pics.
Champion, thank you for the feedback man! I planned on chopping her this weekend that just passed, but I'll be giving her another week.

I'll definitely post some pics though for further feedback.

The Horseman

Champion, thank you for the feedback man! I planned on chopping her this weekend that just passed, but I'll be giving her another week.

I'll definitely post some pics though for further feedback.

Awesome man, always happy to help fellow growers.

Common mistake growers make, me included, is to cut early. Nothing more irritating than getting to 8 weeks and then waiting. . . but it's worth it.

Also you may want to consider getting some boutique seeds / clones, nice thing about them is the time that the breeder states for flowering time is usually fairly spot on.

MrBud

Awesome man, always happy to help fellow growers.

Common mistake growers make, me included, is to cut early. Nothing more irritating than getting to 8 weeks and then waiting. . . but it's worth it.

Also you may want to consider getting some boutique seeds / clones, nice thing about them is the time that the breeder states for flowering time is usually fairly spot on.
Yoh it was hard not to cut this weekend, she's looking os tasty... but you're right, the wait will be worth it.

Yeah I definitely plan on stepping up my seed game. I've used some cheaper seeds as this is my first grow but to be fair, the breeder said 10 weeks and I'll be chopping end of week 9 so not too far off for outdoor plants at this time of year.

The Horseman

Yoh it was hard not to cut this weekend, she's looking os tasty... but you're right, the wait will be worth it.

Yeah I definitely plan on stepping up my seed game. I've used some cheaper seeds as this is my first grow but to be fair, the breeder said 10 weeks and I'll be chopping end of week 9 so not too far off for outdoor plants at this time of year.

I know the feeling, I have cut early just because i was done waiting lol. I have learnt to be more patient.

It doesn't even need to be a week necessarily, trichomes can turn quickly so just keep an eye on them, but sounds like you got it waxed.

You did a good thing by using cheaper seeds, not worth losing a R300 - R400 seed. Check out trophy seeds when you ready to buy, they have some cool strains.

MrBud

I know the feeling, I have cut early just because i was done waiting lol. I have learnt to be more patient.

It doesn't even need to be a week necessarily, trichomes can turn quickly so just keep an eye on them, but sounds like you got it waxed.

You did a good thing by using cheaper seeds, not worth losing a R300 - R400 seed. Check out trophy seeds when you ready to buy, they have some cool strains.
I got myself a jewellers loupe and since then I've been checking up on them even more frequently lol

I used Daggafontein Genetics and they've been good so far. They are regular seeds so I did have to pull a couple of males unfortunately but that's how it goes. I've already filled up a cart from Trophy Seeds as well!

Aghori

Honorary Master
Harvested my wild outdoor crop today. Not at all clued up about growing - I just bought good quality female bearing seeds from my mate Jacobus and planted them in the garden. Still good stuff though.

matewis

Ahooi, found this thread only now, thought Id share my first proper attempt at a grow.

Been trowing left over seeds in the garden a coupe of times in years gone by b ut never really got anywhere.
Decided to get some proper seeds and give it a better try. Been researching a lot so lets see how it goes.

Couple of pics of the three wees so far.

IMG_0792.jpeg

Low stress training as I'm growing with normal LED bulbs with the covers popped off

IMG_0790.jpeg

IMG_0793.jpeg

What you guys think. Looks like a bit of deficiency seeing all that yellow. It's in living soil so should have everything needed in already.

Jimmy-Z

Ahooi, found this thread only now, thought Id share my first proper attempt at a grow.

Been trowing left over seeds in the garden a coupe of times in years gone by b ut never really got anywhere.
Decided to get some proper seeds and give it a better try. Been researching a lot so lets see how it goes.

Couple of pics of the three wees so far.

View attachment 860611

Low stress training as I'm growing with normal LED bulbs with the covers popped off

View attachment 860615

View attachment 860613

What you guys think. Looks like a bit of deficiency seeing all that yellow. It's in living soil so should have everything needed in already.
Looks like minor interveinal chlorosis. Usually caused by a lack of iron, zinc or manganese. You feeding her anything?