Weed growers thread

Francois Marais

My baby is starting to make some powder
b9790445dfe491827055162a1d72dbec.jpg

cdc60ba05470a3f1335036a64dd3921a.jpg

PseuDohNom

Greeting gardeners,

I don't have a jeweler's thingy and I don't want to leave this too long in flower, as I'm not a fan of couch lock. Any ideas on how far along she is please?

Ta.

Attachments

• IMG_2124.JPG
    IMG_2124.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2127.JPG
    IMG_2127.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2128.JPG
    IMG_2128.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 49

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Greeting gardeners,

I don't have a jeweler's thingy and I don't want to leave this too long in flower, as I'm not a fan of couch lock. Any ideas on how far along she is please?

Ta.
Bit difficult to say. Is it perhaps possible to zoom in a bit more or take a macro shot?

SaucePlz

I got some seeds from a friend, with no intention of spending time actively cultivating it, I planted some around the property to see how they perform with various amounts of sunlight. Of the four plants that grew, the dog killed one, the gardener removed one and one was a male (according to friend who supplied he seeds).
So the one plant left is a female that is now flowering. It's planted in the garden so I can't move it. It currently gets only about 3-4 hours of direct sunlight, then shaded the rest of the day. Any idea how long to go still? I'm assuming it would be a while?

20210622_111008.jpg

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I got some seeds from a friend, with no intention of spending time actively cultivating it, I planted some around the property to see how they perform with various amounts of sunlight. Of the four plants that grew, the dog killed one, the gardener removed one and one was a male (according to friend who supplied he seeds).
So the one plant left is a female that is now flowering. It's planted in the garden so I can't move it. It currently gets only about 3-4 hours of direct sunlight, then shaded the rest of the day. Any idea how long to go still? I'm assuming it would be a while?

View attachment 1092993
Probably between 7 and 10 weeks to go, if white powder mildew or mould doesn't get to it first.

SaucePlz

Ok thanks. Mould/mildew risk due to it being so far into winter? When is the best time to plant outdoors in SA?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Ok thanks. Mould/mildew risk due to it being so far into winter? When is the best time to plant outdoors in SA?
Yes because of winter. We normally start end of August until about end of April.

Just note that should mildew appear you need to kill the spores before ingesting it, if mould, toss it rather.

Das Mike

Yes because of winter. We normally start end of August until about end of April.

Just note that should mildew appear you need to kill the spores before ingesting it, if mould, toss it rather.
Happend to me sadly... Any good links on YouTube to watch?

I am really keen on growing again but feel I do not have much knowledge and what better way to learn than through the Tube.... And the help of the community of course.

Surv0

Executive Member
Happend to me sadly... Any good links on YouTube to watch?

I am really keen on growing again but feel I do not have much knowledge and what better way to learn than through the Tube.... And the help of the community of course.

Everything you need to know can be found on youtube or google searches. There is a ton of information you need to absorb to get a full picture. Looking for specific fixes ultimately leads to other problems.

Powdery mildew is the worst, if you dont get to it quickly, very difficult to control and it will spread and wreck your herbs. Dont smoke mould.. throw it away.

That said, may be the strains you are using, not all strains grow in all environments and you do get mould resistant strains if you know humidity may be a factor. Also dont wait so long before harvest, get your seeds out early in the spring season and make sure you give your plants enough room to mature before winter.

Farmerj

Hey, those pictures got me to sign up to this forum. Nice work. I just planted a couple seeds from biltongandbudz.co.za yesterday. Hoping for a tasty harvest too. High guys.

biltong and budz auto grow.jpg

This was my last harvest. Indoor Hydro, Northern Lights.
Had 4 plants, got around 300g dried.

View attachment 1092999

View attachment 1093001

https://www.growweedeasy.com is a great place to start at and then you could obviously ask here as well.

Growersnetwork.org is a top class professional cannabis community. Its supported by the crew from Canna Cribs, who produce some top-knotch cannabis potcasts and youtube channel. Check out the GN free university for some interesting cannabis courses.

SaucePlz

Anyone have experience with multiple smaller harvests from the same plant? Most of the info I found on harvesting suggest pulling the plant in its entirety and trimming down from there.
As the buds at the top of the plant matured a lot faster than those lower down, I cut off individual buds that looked about ready.
The plant has sprouted multiple side shoots that are now growing a lot of flowers.
I can understand cutting the whole plant down if you have a few plants to process, but I only have one.
Any cons to this approach?

krieg

Expert Member
Anyone have experience with multiple smaller harvests from the same plant? Most of the info I found on harvesting suggest pulling the plant in its entirety and trimming down from there.
As the buds at the top of the plant matured a lot faster than those lower down, I cut off individual buds that looked about ready.
The plant has sprouted multiple side shoots that are now growing a lot of flowers.
I can understand cutting the whole plant down if you have a few plants to process, but I only have one.
Any cons to this approach?

Indoor or outdoor? On an outdoor plant if you don't train it you can chop off as the flowers are ready, so remove outer layer buds and leave the inside to mature for another week or two. I would actually pinch it to prevent those side shoots as you are losing energy to growth which should be going to the flowers and two they won't be ready in time usually. Indoor it is more efficient to train the plant and keep it flat with a net and harvest everything at one time.

SaucePlz

Indoor or outdoor? On an outdoor plant if you don't train it you can chop off as the flowers are ready, so remove outer layer buds and leave the inside to mature for another week or two. I would actually pinch it to prevent those side shoots as you are losing energy to growth which should be going to the flowers and two they won't be ready in time usually. Indoor it is more efficient to train the plant and keep it flat with a net and harvest everything at one time.
Okay thanks. It's outdoor, I haven't done any training. Some of the side shoots already have semi decent buds forming on them, so I think I will leave those and just keep an eye out for new ones.

x32

Hi all, it's almost grow time and I am looking for a new seed bank.

Has anyone ordered from either cannabist.co.za or gingerapeseedco.com recently? If so, what was your experience like?