Weird issue browsing via lte during load shedding.

ponder

Honorary Master
I can browse mybb, iol etc but no international sites, wtf?

This is on telkom mobile btw.

Venomous

Honorary Master
I think this LSing is affecting many things. In our area MTN drops to edge after about 60min

Venomous

Honorary Master
VC is useless within a few minutes.

Dont know anyone on TM or CC here as those signals suck at the best of times.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Vodacom drops 4G LTE within 30mins, then stays on 3.5G (H+) for about an hour, after that we are back in the dark ages, no signal at ALL or EDGE in a few spots.

It's an absolute mess.

Our power came back on around 16:45 but the Load Shedding has affected our Vodacom Fibre so badly their base station in the area is messed up, technicians been working on it since 17:30, this is in area where we barely if ever have an outage, last outage before this was in June last year and that lasted about 45mins.

ponder

Honorary Master
VC is useless within a few minutes.

Dont know anyone on TM or CC here as those signals suck at the best of times.
Was working fine with earlier todays loadshedding. It's weird that I can only access local and not international. TM LTE lasts throughout loadshedding, they must have decent power setup. First hickup ive experienced during loadshedding that also makes no sense.

ponder

Honorary Master
Meh, looks like I ran out of mobile data:cautious:

Local still works though.

The joys of loadshedding, chows your data when you cant use your fibre....

oldhat

Expert Member
On CellC, I lose http access. Emails, WhatsApp, Facebook app all work, but no websites load!

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
Was working fine with earlier todays loadshedding. It's weird that I can only access local and not international. TM LTE lasts throughout loadshedding, they must have decent power setup. First hickup ive experienced during loadshedding that also makes no sense.
Do a tracert to one of the international sites and see if there's a breakout on hop 2