Weird things you do when you are alone.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
Do any of you dear people do anything astonishingly peculiar when you are alone and unobserved?

I suspect I am fairly mundane. I sing in the car like a crazy person and talk to myself in all sorts of peculiar accents. Also, I put headphones on sometimes and dance like a maniac to music I am trying to write.

I walk in a peculiar manner, somewhat like a duck, as well.

Also, I like to be naked as much as possible, although I suspect most of us are that way, secretly.

Anyone got anything juicy?

Handz

I always seems to time myself when i do things...

Like ill be standing in the kitchen getting a drink, then i count down the timer in my head how long it takes me to get out of the kitchen and into the lounge.

Its strange i know, duno how i picked that up. I always do it.

Even whilst getting dressed ill say to myself, OK! you got 10seconds to put that shirt on...GO!

Carbon_Fibre

Expert Member
I always seems to time myself when i do things...

Like ill be standing in the kitchen getting a drink, then i count down the timer in my head how long it takes me to get out of the kitchen and into the lounge.

Its strange i know, duno how i picked that up. I always do it.

Even whilst getting dressed ill say to myself, OK! you got 10seconds to put that shirt on...GO!
Is that why you chose your nick, Handz as in Jerry "Hands" Espenson from Boston Legal? JJ

VioAdmin

Expert Member
Besides making myself laugh by cracking jokes and talking to myself when I am alone...

I also like smelling my own farts.

...What?

Definitely naked. But I guess the most peculiar thing would be producing music and making the most bizarre sounds out loud, recording them and digitally re-creating them. I suppose this is only weird to my neighbour who has to put up with the occasional noise. And the occasional penis in her binoculars...

MR.C

Expert Member
I suspect I got OCD. I start counting things and making patterns and things. EG, I'll start with looking at my middle finger, and bounce to the last, then the one next to the middle finger on the Other side ( so they don't 'touch') and 'complete the set). I count the ends of alphabets and numbers and sometimes when speaking to someone and the conversation gets boring, I'll still listen but my eyes and mind are wondering about looking for stuff to do. Its not easy to explain but I've been doing it since STD 7 or so...

Is it OCD and anyone else similar ?

OomD

Maybe a bit OCD too, but I'm always (not only when I'm alone) trying to figure out the most efficient way of doing things. For example, walking from the bedroom to go and make coffee I need to also go into the study to get my mug where I left it. However the study is past the kitchen, so do I stop and put the kettle on first? Because that would save some time if the kettle could operate while I fetch my mug. Alas the kitchen is a slight detour, so would it take more time to go and turn the kettle on, thereby eliminating the time gain? Or to go and get the mug first? In the 3 or 4 strides walking from the bedroom I figure it out and have a plan of action and sequence of event that must unfold to get me that cuppa with the least amount of time and energy wasted.

But that's normal, right?

Sing along to Glee, take a bath, search for spare change around the house, catch the flies buzzing around the window, bottling them up and put them in the freezer.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Play with my navel. I find it amusing how it makes you feel like you have to pee! lol

LMAO @ all the comments :)

Dancing. Definitely dancing. Not in the traditional sense but arms flailing, head banging, cat kicking, fanny farting, all-you-can-eat-buffet of unadulterated, consummating chaos...then I phone my mum...

wrathex

Expert Member
I talk to my animals and dance strangely for them for amusement, for instance for my bird I will do a sort of flapping with my arms..

When I'm alone, I don't think about food or eating, and will eat a piece of bread dunked in coffee when the rumbling gets out of hand or a banana, whichever is quicker.

Sit motionless for long times, just thinking, whilst in a thousand yard stare ( other people get concerned so I do it only when alone these days lol) (natural trance state) (also talk to myself)

Whistle long tunes to my bird, play with my dog and cat. -my favourite tune to whistle is Bridge over river Kwai :whistling:

mich_m

When I get up at night to drink water I count the sips - it's got to be 10 sips.
I always leave the last third of my coffee.

GforceD

Executive Member
I practice my telekenisis, and creep around the house like a Raptor and growl at things.And sometimes I plan my escape routes in case of Zombie Attack.
Hopefully my telekenetic power will be strong enough by then to ward off the invasion.Also I should be able to achive flight one of these day I just got to free my self of the fear of falling flat on my face.

Osiris85

I like to hum and sing songs in my head, though I take recent songs and redub them ( like Wierd Al yancovic does ), except I sing in a South African kinda way about politics.

Also, Im a multi-tasker, thinking what course of action is most efficient ,like while I got my food in the microwave I go and fetch my class to pour some coke, by the time my glass is full the microwave would have stopped and I can chow.

On a more psychotic note, while I am cooking and my food is simmering for ex. , I often stand by my window looking at the cars going by, imagining what it would be like to stand there with a high-powered sniper rifle or something, like a Barret .50 Cal or a NTW-20........just open fire as a car approaches or drives by :)

I occasionally stand staring out the window and wonder how awesome it would be if the universe had some underlying SQL server and I could run queries against it to find out awesome cool stats about random stuff. Then I write the queries in my mind. I think it's slightly less sad and creepy imagining what it is like to shoot innocent passers by.

prOd

Expert Member
This.

Also underpants and beer PC gaming sessions.
Amen to that brother. Don't forget the pizza.

I constantly make drum beats with my teeth and tongue. Hard to explain, the bass pedal and drum are like my back teeth, and the "klop" sound I make with my tongue is the snare drum ;P

Last edited: