Weirdest response from a Gumtree ad

BLIXEMPIE

Honorary Master
I placed a couple of ads on Gumtree, then this week I get an email from a woman in Dakar who saw my "profile" there. Read below. A scam? I was totally like "WTF!!!!!"

1st E-Mail:
Hello, How are you doing today hope fine.My name is joy I came accross your profile here and after going through here i found you so intresting hope you don't mind.You can contact me with this email addresse so that l can send you my pic mail to (****@yahoo.fr) Hope to hear from you soon,have a nice day & stay blessed. miss joy

My reply:
Hi Joy,
Thank you for your e-mail. Quite unexpected. You saw my profile on Gumtree? Didn't know Gumtree had profiles that proved interesting.

2nd E-Mail:
How is your day.
Mine is fine over here in Dakar.Thanks for your mail.Like I said my name is joy jones,am 23yrs of age,single, tall and fair in complexion, Very good looking girl that is very sharing, giving, caring and loving girl, above all God fearing and trusted.I really want have a good relationship with you.A relationship of deep feeling that will construct a mutual understanding ,I'm from ivory coast in west Africa and presently I am residing in the refugee camp here in Dakar as a result of the civil war going on in my country. My late father Dr.Paul jones was the personal adviser to the former head of state of Ivory coast before the rebels attacked my house one early morning killing my mother and my father. It was only me that is alive now and i managed to make my way to nearby country Senegal where i am living now in a refugee camp. I would like to know more about you. Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently. Attached here is my picture and i will like to see yours. Hoping to hear from you soonest,.
joy

Whaaaat the f............ !!!

noswal

Executive Member
If she is so god fearing then tell her she will go to hell if she continues her current trend of trying to pick up strangers over the net :p

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Quite surprised that there are still refugee camps 6 years after the Ivory Coast civil war ended....

BLo_0p

Haha this is so awesome! A thread like this makes your Friday even more chirpy. I agree though, pics or it didn't happen :D We all want to see the Star Wars girl "rebels attacked my house" :D

Osiris85

dude,its a scam. I've seen this exact email in another thread. When I saw the name "Dr Paul Jones" I knew it :D

I'll bet if you respond to this mail, she'll say stuff like "My father was killed and I want to come to your country to further my education, can you help me with money" or "I have inherited money after my father was killed, can you give me banking details to hold it for me until I get to your country"

BLo_0p

Haha dude give her (HIM) all your details you so won't regret it :D

BLo_0p

Haha are those real?

Mrs Marie Jeanne Keita, formerly of Saudi Arabia, now in Cote D'Ivoire, is dying of cancer. She wants me to assist her in getting her late husband's fortune, which is secured in a "matalic" box at a security company, out of Africa and use it to fund orphanages and such. She also wants me to take care of and raise her son. New York ad exec, Pete Moss has no time for Mrs. Keita's crap. unless of course, she can help him solve some problems of his own, which she does. Adult movie producer, Dick Wadd and his sales manager, Hugh Jass, eventually get in on the act and when Mr. Moss is brutally murdered by British hit-men, Mike Rotch steps in, but only to try to steer him back to Mr. Wadd.

seted

Haha are those real?

Mrs Marie Jeanne Keita, formerly of Saudi Arabia, now in Cote D'Ivoire, is dying of cancer. She wants me to assist her in getting her late husband's fortune, which is secured in a "matalic" box at a security company, out of Africa and use it to fund orphanages and such. She also wants me to take care of and raise her son. New York ad exec, Pete Moss has no time for Mrs. Keita's crap. unless of course, she can help him solve some problems of his own, which she does. Adult movie producer, Dick Wadd and his sales manager, Hugh Jass, eventually get in on the act and when Mr. Moss is brutally murdered by British hit-men, Mike Rotch steps in, but only to try to steer him back to Mr. Wadd.
I can't stop laughing, my boss is giving me strange looks.

BLIXEMPIE

Honorary Master
Okay. I'm working on a hilarious response for dear miss Joy. And I'm going to send her a very legitimate picture of myself of coarse.