• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Welcome to the new MyBroadband Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

maumau

Honorary Master
Still wish we could hide a single post. There's a sad sequence of pics showing a lion and buffalo locked in battle in the Interesting Pictures thread.

The post isn't offensive at all - just don't want to see the pictures again.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Still wish we could hide a single post. There's a sad sequence of pics showing a lion and buffalo locked in battle in the Interesting Pictures thread.

The post isn't offensive at all - just don't want to see the pictures again.
I added spoiler tags for you. Sorry.
Actually just forgot this time round. Usually do with any gruesome or sensitive type post.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Can I re-request that this feature gets dropped if the software allows it?

Nothing but spam and useless posts taking up valuable space. Perhaps make the New Posts List longer?

Capture.JPG

maumau

Honorary Master
I added spoiler tags for you. Sorry.
Actually just forgot this time round. Usually do with any gruesome or sensitive type post.
I love, love, love your pics APoc184. Your contributions make the thread worth visiting.

Thanks for the spoilers though. I would have looked at the pics anyway but just not dwelled on them :)

TBH gore isn't often a problem for me - some of the sexual ones - sjoe!

Absolutely no offence meant.

APoc184

Honorary Master
I love, love, love your pics APoc184. Your contributions make the thread worth visiting.

Thanks for the spoilers though. I would have looked at the pics anyway but just not dwelled on them :)

TBH gore isn't often a problem for me - some of the sexual ones - sjoe!

Absolutely no offence meant.
None taken. :)

I understand exactly where you are coming from. And I also know some people would not want to look at the pictures at all.

Although it is vicious and sad it is also just life and nature acting completely normal. Which is why I wanted to share it.

And of course good photography.

daveza

Honorary Master
So I have five forums open in Chrome - and each will have a number - the same number, all 2's or all 3's etc.

What does it actually mean ?

1536235107240.png

ranger

Expert Member
Is the MyBroadband app for Android supposed to work after the upgrade?

It isn't working for me. I seem to have the latest version the Play Store offers for my phone (7.1.43, released on 20 June 2018), which runs Android 7.0 at present.

I do receive notifications, but if I click on them, or if I try to open the MyBroadband app directly, I get the error "Need not empty cmd!" in a generic Android error and the app never actually opens.

Is this a known issue? Is there a better sub-forum or thread to check for issues related to the app (I don't have time to read the forum a lot, but I still try and help out users so have subscribed to threads so that I can read new posts on the mobile app when I have time that I can't use more productively)? Since it's not working, I basically don't use the forum at all (since the upgrade) ...

Soul Assassin

Executive Member
Is the MyBroadband app for Android supposed to work after the upgrade?

It isn't working for me. I seem to have the latest version the Play Store offers for my phone (7.1.43, released on 20 June 2018), which runs Android 7.0 at present.

I do receive notifications, but if I click on them, or if I try to open the MyBroadband app directly, I get the error "Need not empty cmd!" in a generic Android error and the app never actually opens.

Is this a known issue? Is there a better sub-forum or thread to check for issues related to the app (I don't have time to read the forum a lot, but I still try and help out users so have subscribed to threads so that I can read new posts on the mobile app when I have time that I can't use more productively)? Since it's not working, I basically don't use the forum at all (since the upgrade) ...
Clear the cache and app data.

maumau

Honorary Master
In the previous version we could click on a name or avatar and read a little about the member. Where is that option now?

And how do I put someone on ignore pse?

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Click on the person's name. There's an "ignore" button. Clicking on the person's name again will take you to his/her profile page. Double-clicking or scroll-clicking on the name also works.

Ecco

Executive Member
Also when i search for all threads i created, if i want to go to older results (i.e.) anything that doesnt display on the first two pages, it also brings back nothing:

Older results.PNG

No result 2.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.