We'll do uncapped 100Mbps fibre for R999 per month: One Cloud Internet

HammerDown

Expert Member
I would be all over this as that means you can kick Telkom to the curb......but they would have to prove themselves first.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Unless they have fibre agreements in place already, I don't see a R1299 installation fee even being VAGUELY affordable for the company.

semaphore

Honorary Master
Yeah not gonna happen, telkom and others would have already been offering this.

Pseudonym

If their capped offerings are R39/GB, for R1000 uncapped I expect their fair use threshold to be between 25GB and 50GB. Not terrible but at 100Mb/s you could burn through that in a couple of hours. I don't think I would be wrong in saying that people would get fibre for HD streaming, having never streamed HD myself I wonder how long before you reached 50GB...

S1lv3r H4wK

Me wantz but got a gut feel this is just blowing hot air. Will be surprised if we see something come of this.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Seems ambitious. The biggest issue I see with their plan is that it's not on contract. Great for the consumer but the company will be sorry when they start spending tens of thousands of rands on installations only to have their clients cancel in a months time.

Doesn't make sense. They will have to make it at least a 12 month contract for them to have some assurances.

Daruk

Honorary Master
The only way I can see this being sustained is by our taxes.

Dan C

Honorary Master
"He said that they are able to offer the promotion thanks to a cash injection the company recently received from a silent investor."

Hmm wonder how much.

Moshidi

No trials or commercial offerings to date? Hmm, I'm not sure I wanna pay to be a lab rat.