Well done Home Affairs and Standard Bank

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Thats nice Bradley...

It would be nice if it existed outside a few branches in Gauteng and one in CPT....

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Also went very well when we did my daughter's passport at the Standard Bank Home Affairs in Canal Walk.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Besides an hour-and-a-half wait to have my biometrics captured, the experience was pleasant.
Geez thats quite an extensive wait. When I did my passport and ID card at Nedbank Lakeview home affairs. I only waited about 10-15 minutes and then went through the process for the biometrics.

I am even surprised you waited that long since you actually book your appointments in half hour slots. so there must of already been other people there for the next appointment.

EADC

Expert Member
Geez thats quite an extensive wait. When I did my passport and ID card at Nedbank Lakeview home affairs. I only waited about 10-15 minutes and then went through the process for the biometrics.

I am even surprised you waited that long since you actually book your appointments in half hour slots. so there must of already been other people there for the next appointment.
what happened to me was branch was offline (power outage) for my alloted slot I went back couple days later which has a knock on effect unfortunately.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
what happened to me was branch was offline (power outage) for my alloted slot I went back couple days later which has a knock on effect unfortunately.
maybe that also happened to Bad Brad.

anyway I thought the process was great, much better than going to an actual home affairs.

Dan C

Honorary Master
I applied for passport and ID at home affairs. Was in and out in 20 minutes

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
Can anyone tell me what biometrics are involved ?\

Can anyone tell me the extent to which the banks systems and Home Affairs systems are linked / accessible ?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Can anyone tell me what biometrics are involved ?\

Can anyone tell me the extent to which the banks systems and Home Affairs systems are linked / accessible ?
Blood test, finger prints, retina scans....

They are totally linked, the banks have full access to HA and vice versa.

MidnightWizard

Expert Member
Blood test, finger prints, retina scans....
They are totally linked, the banks have full access to HA and vice versa.
Are you REALLY serious ?

Blood test = DNA bank

Are you sure you did not miss out face recognition ? ( perhaps part of your photo ? )

SCARY SCARY .......

Marsie27

I did my passport renewal application (remember to use IE - grrr!) and payment online last weekend, and chose to go to Wynberg HA on Monday afternoon rather than fight traffic to and from Canal Walk - the only Standard Bank Cape Town option. It's high time we had another branch added to the options. I spent just over 2 hours at HA, quite a bit of which was on trying to get decent fingerprints. What with years of keyboard use and latterly gardening, they are worn flat. Anyone know how to regenerate fingerprints?

Last edited: