Well done Home Affairs and Standard Bank

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
Thanks, I have an access account. I'm thinking of opening the Tax free Investment account or are there better options? I don't want to put in more than R500 anyway, just for home affairs purposes.

Filosofer

I did my passport renewal application (remember to use IE - grrr!) and payment online last weekend, and chose to go to Wynberg HA on Monday afternoon rather than fight traffic to and from Canal Walk - the only Standard Bank Cape Town option. It's high time we had another branch added to the options. I spent just over 2 hours at HA, quite a bit of which was on trying to get decent fingerprints. What with years of keyboard use and latterly gardening, they are worn flat. Anyone know how to regenerate fingerprints?
Hi, I did the online application both passport and ID, and I am also going to Wynberg. Is there a seperate line for online applications and what supporting documents (if any) did you take?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Technically if you still need to do the bio-metrics you need to queue with the other applicants. But I told them I did it online so I queued with the collections line for bio-metrics.

Marsie27

Hi, I did the online application both passport and ID, and I am also going to Wynberg. Is there a seperate line for online applications and what supporting documents (if any) did you take?
There is a queue for all applications (online and not) and one for collections, to get into the office to the info desk just inside the door. Once they have your printout (DHA-SD) from your online application they scan that barcode and send you to the biometrics queue which is to the far right. The long part is getting in the door, and I found it much quicker to go around lunch time than mid-morning. School holidays are busy there, so if you can, go before the 14th.

Last edited:

Marsie27

Filosofer, was this an initial or a so-called renewal application? If a renewal, did you pay R400 or R800? I paid R400 in January as mine was less than 6 months to expiry, but some people say it is now R800 even if you are within the 6 months.

Filosofer

Filosofer, was this an initial or a so-called renewal application? If a renewal, did you pay R400 or R800? I paid R400 in January as mine was less than 6 months to expiry, but some people say it is now R800 even if you are within the 6 months.
Thanks for the info. My passport expires in less than 6 months. So my application is a renewal for a tourist passport, and I paid R400.

I also applied for the smart ID which was R140.

Filosofer

Just an update on my application through Wynberg HA. I did the online application on 2 June... Went in on the 3rd at about 11:30. I was done by about 14:30.

Just received a SMS (10th June) that my passport is ready for collection. Wow. Only one week. Great stuff Wynberg home affairs.