Wellington - Vodacom Why so much suck ????

tibby.dude

Executive Member
My daughter is studying at CPUT and I tried a Vodacom business Broadband package.
Well never have I seen so much suck from speedtest.net.

0.52 Mbps download and uploads were in the region of 4 Mbps.

Telkom mobile performed slightly better but not by much.

There is no fiber or DSL in the area ... what are the alternatives.

gottagoon

Executive Member
This is weird. Was in the former Ciskei today. After being so slow last week, today Vodacom was on LTE most of the day. Maybe they busy upgrading or fixing stuff. Good to see speed again :)

dr.grimm

Was calling customer care last night after my forum rage... twice the calls dropped even before I could start yelling at them. they try and call me back - I just get "Missed call" on my phone (several)
after a real struggle I called from a Telkom line (uugh) and was accused by CC that I have some sort of call forwarding setting on or some app that blocks calls...
Please note;
Vodacom Mobile repair restored my iphone 6s plus to default and they "defaulted" my SIM and they recommenced I switch of Voice over LTE or something.
I also BOUGHT a iphone 8 as they assured me it must be the my iphone 6s plus - needless to say, same issue.

dr.grimm

my MTN data line with Huawei router - 100Mbps download and 55Mbps upload in Gordons bay and kleinmond.

Quapmocka

Was calling customer care last night after my forum rage... twice the calls dropped even before I could start yelling at them. they try and call me back - I just get "Missed call" on my phone (several)
after a real struggle I called from a Telkom line (uugh) and was accused by CC that I have some sort of call forwarding setting on or some app that blocks calls...
Please note;
Vodacom Mobile repair restored my iphone 6s plus to default and they "defaulted" my SIM and they recommenced I switch of Voice over LTE or something.
I also BOUGHT a iphone 8 as they assured me it must be the my iphone 6s plus - needless to say, same issue.

Suggestion : Move away from Apple if you want to stay with Vodacom? Or just move away from Vodacom entirely?

I know of serveral friends and colleagues who use an iPhone and they have had endless trouble on the phones on the Vodacom network since sometime last year, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Sorry, but my theory is that Apple iPhone's do not like the Vodacom network and cause endless problems.

Unless you have good signal in your area, 4 or 5 bars or signal, I would stay away from iPhone completely.

That's just my theory.

The Jam

Honorary Master
My daughter is studying at CPUT and I tried a Vodacom business Broadband package.
Well never have I seen so much suck from speedtest.net.

0.52 Mbps download and uploads were in the region of 4 Mbps.

Telkom mobile performed slightly better but not by much.

There is no fiber or DSL in the area ... what are the alternatives.
Yoh... Long time! Where have you bee hiding dude?