Wesbank - Confirming Insurance

Dolby

Honorary Master
Anyone else get a random request for insurance?

I obviously have insurance - but I've got mails recently from Wesbank saying I need to confirm it and they haven't been able to reach me. This morning I get one that says as they can't reach me to confirm, they're going to debit an extra R950.00 for temporary cover.

However, I mailed my insurance schedule yesterday and again this morning. I sat on the phone 10+ minutes to reach them (goes to Direct Axis?) and she advised I call my insurance company direct. I explained that WESBANK have asked ME to reach out to THEM - what would I even tell my insurance company?

Put a complaint on Hellopeter this morning, but no reply as yet

Happened to anyone else ?

Dolby

Honorary Master
Our consultants have been trying to contact you as we have not received confirmation of your current vehicle insurance. In light of this, we kindly request that you confirm the details of your vehicle insurance cover within 30 days of the date of this communication.

We will have no choice but to debit a temporary cover to your account with the regular monthly premium of R 945.13 if you do not present proof of insurance cover within the stipulated period.

Kindly use one of the following contact options:

Tel: 0860110729
Fax: 0217649931
E-mail: insurance.confirmation@wesbank.co.za

tin4444

Wesbank has requested this info from me before, I usually just send the email on to my broker and she sends me back my policy schedule and the dates on the schedule to reflect the current month. Think I might have also sent it on to a direct axis email address.

I have heard before they do add the extra premium (in your case R950) to your car payment if you don’t send confirmation of cover.

Lupus

Honorary Master
You forward to your insurance and they send you a confirmation

Dolby

Honorary Master
Dolby, did your ignore the first e-mails?

I did - but I did reply to the one yesterday with the schedule as requested.

And now I cannot reach anyone and no one can assist. It seems ridiculous though that I have to take time out and chase these guys because they want something ... phone / email / hellopeter.

Dolby

Honorary Master
You forward to your insurance and they send you a confirmation

So I phone my insurance and say that Wesbank want proof?
Won't they just say 'errr ... well best you phone them and give it to them?'

Lupus

Honorary Master
So I phone my insurance and say that Wesbank want proof?
Won't they just say 'errr ... well best you phone them and give it to them?'
Nope they'll draft a confirmation letter and send it to you or Wesbank. I've done it with Wesbank and MFC

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Actually in terms of the FAIS act it would be illegal for them to issue a policy without consultation and a needs analasyst being done. How do they know what the vehicle is used for and your current policy structure needs etc?

Having said that:-
In terms of your HP agreement and contract you are bound to ensure the vehicle is fully insured and must be able to supply proof thereof.

Just send it to your broker and they need to sort it out. Never send a copy of the whole policy because you'll be hounded by their poor quality consultants and wordings etc till death do you part.

tin4444

Exactly what I did yesterday :(

I also did this but don’t remember them acknowledging they received it even and haven’t heard from them since. They also didn’t add any premium to my payment.

karnuffel

Expert Member
Happened to me too. Sent them the info, they acknowledged that they got it. Two weeks later they sent me an email stating that they activated insurance from Direct Axis because I did not send them anything. It took a few hours and a lot of swearing to get it sorted out.

I get the idea Direct Axis is trying very hard to to get new customers and FNB is only too keen to help.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
They sent me this request every flippen year. Was ridiculous. However, it taught me what they need, and it is purely a schedule from your insurance. Or ask your broker to provide a proof of insurance letter - same type you get when you finance a new vehicle, to let you drive it off the showroom floor.

karnuffel

Expert Member
They sent me this request every flippen year. Was ridiculous. However, it taught me what they need, and it is purely a schedule from your insurance. Or ask your broker to provide a proof of insurance letter - same type you get when you finance a new vehicle, to let you drive it off the showroom floor.

Sad part is I gave them the documentation from the insurance when I bought my car, 6 months later they start requesting the docs. What I found most frustrating is the fact that they made it very clear I had only 7 days to comply, then they screwed it up