Western Cape e-toll will create 5,000 jobs: SANRAL

Skerminkel

Expert Member
O dear, poor COSATU, in principle they agree with almost all DA policy, but they cannot admit it.

krycor

Honorary Master
Yes.. 4k4 of which will be lost on completion and those same workers will have to pay to use the very roads they built for years after. Sounds like a good deal :erm: .. not

Vlad

i wonder what the total cost per job created would amount to... surely there are cheaper way to create value..

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
I find it funny. 600 jobs or what ever created, but millions of people will suffer (have less money for food etc).. so how does that justify 600 jobs being created? Less money to spend on clothes/dstv/internet/food etc will cost job losess in other sectors again...

They can spin these tolls like they want.. there is NOTHING positive about it.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Create 5000 jobs, but cripple how many 10's of 1000's?

These guys need a former Telkom spin doctor. :rolleyes:

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I don't know the way the government has been run since Zuma took charge it seems like one of their main objectives is to have negative economic growth

cerebus

Honorary Master
They should start a toxic waste spillage initiative to create 10000 much needed cleanup jobs.

Wyzak

Expert Member
5000 jobs created is possible if you count the number of people they would have to employ to try and get me to pay :p

akescpt

Honorary Master
shove your temp jobs up your ar$e. the tolls is just there to line the pockets of the inner circle. end of. your only worried about how it will benefit the already stuffed fat cats.

Last edited:

Seriously

Honorary Master
What brainless fools take these decisions and then justify them with utter garbage?

Prof.Merlin

Expert Member
So what sanral is pretty much saying is that it will soon be cheaper to fly to cape town than to drive. Or is it already?

jambai

rent -seeking Anybody ? .The policy of all great African leaders from A to Z (Angie to Mugabe to Zuma )

krycor

Honorary Master
So what sanral is pretty much saying is that it will soon be cheaper to fly to cape town than to drive. Or is it already?
Depends on number of people, convenience there, if you add maintenance + medical aid + time + risk etc to calculations. I suspect for a single person its cheaper to fly with a special. Petrol alone costs the discounted flight cost

HiToKiRi

Expert Member
Gees, SANRAL will say just about anything at this point to get people behind them. I hope the people and Cosatu don't fall for this smoke and mirror BS.

I think the trick word here is "created". Perhaps it will create that amount of jobs but there's no way in hell it can retain/sustain that same amount. There's a big difference.

Last edited:

Devill

Damned
If you are 1 person flying is cheaper. For two people driving is. Cheapest tickets are around R1400 pp return.