Western Cape government discussing mandatory Covid-19 vaccinations for staff

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Why are you anti-Vaxxers so scared of a little prick?
We have bigger pricks running this country
Well lets look at that :
The alternative would have been catastrophic, and for a short while things were ok, over the medium term the country started suffering health issues, and now after long term assessment the decay has become cancerous with unknown outcomes.
Be wary of pricks :)

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Well lets look at that :
The alternative would have been catastrophic, and for a short while things were ok, over the medium term the country started suffering health issues, and now after long term assessment the decay has become cancerous with unknown outcomes.
Be wary of pricks :)
I'll drink to that :thumbsup:

Johand

Expert Member
As a Cape Townian I firmly believe they should ship anti-vaxxers to a different province. Or Afghanistan. I don't want to breath the same air as these selfish filth. Vaccines are a public health measure not an individual medicine. We should start darting people from helicopters.

Paulsie

Expert Member
As a Cape Townian I firmly believe they should ship anti-vaxxers to a different province. Or Afghanistan. I don't want to breath the same air as these selfish filth. Vaccines are a public health measure not an individual medicine. We should start darting people from helicopters.
With a mouth like yours, I'll much rather stick with the Zulus.

SoldierMan

Executive Member

You sound like a Hitler Youth rather than a Cape Townian......

tetrasect

Expert Member
If they made vaccinations mandatory I'll get mine.

I'm actually still waiting on my confirmation to get my jab. Registered on EVDS on the 1st.

I'm told I can go as a walk in to certain places, but I'm just too lazy to bother.

You're too lazy to go to Clicks?

Turtle

Expert Member
Either way, vaccines .... work

We don't know the long-term effects of the covid vaccines as there haven't been long-term studies; we also know in some cases the vaccines do have adverse reactions, and may cause death, clotting issues, myocarditis, pericarditis and other adverse reactions. Immunity from prior infection appears more robust than immunity from the vaccines, and if someone already has natural immunity from a prior covid infection then they may not want to take the extra risk of adverse reactions ... and that's fine and fair ... it's not your business to make medical decisions for someone else, you need someone's consent before you inject something in their body. It's unethical to compel someone to take it, especially when we literally don't even know all the long-term effects and don't know all the effects they have on the body. Yes, you can die from covid too, but it's up to each individual to decide which risk profile suits their situation or sentiment better.
How else does one keep rabid extremists away
The only rabid extremists are those 'little Hitlers' who want to force things on other people.

Turtle

Expert Member
Vaccines are a public health measure not an individual medicine. We should start darting people from helicopters
I already have natural immunity from a covid infection several months ago, so the vaccines constitute additional risk for what would be (based on my reading of the current state of the science) questionable marginal relative immune benefit --- if I suffer a "rare" adverse event from your compulsory vaccines and can no longer be a breadwinner to my kids, will you agree to pay all the expenses for raising my kids to adulthood? I think that's only fair if you want to force a vaccine on me, you must pay all the expenses to raise my kids if anything happens to me.

markings

Expert Member
it's a recurring theme everywhere. the doctors on twitter often mention that unvaccinated people take waaaaay more ventilators than vaccinated people.

then again, it also could be nothing to do with being vaccinated/unvaccinated and more to do with antivax people just being reckless and stupid (no masks, large public gatherings, etc)
Does it matter? A common denominator is vaccinated or not.

markings

Expert Member
Government is supposed to lead and not run after private companies. Why is this only discussed now? On the positive side some freebies for the vaccinated is welcome. Maybe they could extend it beyond museums. Advertising of it would also be helpful.

rh1

Expert Member
Why do you hate the anti jabbers so much? Be truthful if you can.

Unresolved fear leads to statement like this, soon violence is next.

trenton

We don't know the long-term effects of the covid vaccines as there haven't been long-term studies; we also know in some cases the vaccines do have adverse reactions, and may cause death, clotting issues, myocarditis, pericarditis and other adverse reactions. Immunity from prior infection appears more robust than immunity from the vaccines, and if someone already has natural immunity from a prior covid infection then they may not want to take the extra risk of adverse reactions ... and that's fine and fair ... it's not your business to make medical decisions for someone else, you need someone's consent before you inject something in their body. It's unethical to compel someone to take it, especially when we literally don't even know all the long-term effects and don't know all the effects they have on the body. Yes, you can die from covid too, but it's up to each individual to decide which risk profile suits their situation or sentiment better.

The only rabid extremists are those 'little Hitlers' who want to force things on other people.
Extra risks? Are you so blind to not see the extra risk to severity of infection without the jab?
5 000 000 000 jabs have been done, approaching the amount of people on the planet you numbnut.

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
We don't know the long-term effects of the covid vaccines as there haven't been long-term studies
this is an antivax scare point. getting covid often gives worse long-term side-effects than the 0 side-effects that a vaccine gives you.

; we also know in some cases the vaccines do have adverse reactions, and may cause death, clotting issues, myocarditis, pericarditis and other adverse reactions.
the number of cases where that happens is WAAAAAAY less than what covid has done. you could also argue that you don't want to wear a seatbelt because you've heard that people get injured by the seatbelt during an accident.

it's not your business to make medical decisions for someone else, you need someone's consent before you inject something in their body. It's unethical to compel someone to take it, especially when we literally don't even know all the long-term effects and don't know all the effects they have on the body. Yes, you can die from covid too, but it's up to each individual to decide which risk profile suits their situation or sentiment better.

but it's ok for people that have covid to go around and spread it all willy-nilly? i didn't give consent to getting covid in july.
the only extremists are those loud hitlers who want to reject every precaution put in place to fight covid. vaccine? social distancing? face masks? sanitising? nope, you all prefer to rather take unapproved horse dewormer instead of trusting scientists and doctors. you don't trust the science, but you fully believe tannie sannie's forwarded voicenote on whatsapp saying "don't trust the doctors or scientists, rather drink bleach and stick an animal dewormer in your butt every day".

ffs. figure it out.

mpdjhb

I am pro vaccination, but that is just “bad stats”. Population adjusted please.
I am not sure what population adjustment would benefit - its a stat based on hospital admissions?
Anyway - the same stats for other hospitals are readily available on the web.