What a Hilux D4D Diesel tank looks like

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
In case you were wondering, this is what the diesel tank of a Toyota Hilux D4D looks like. Now pay close attention because if you ever have this kind of view of your Hliux D4D diesel tank you are in for a whole lot of work to get it back onto the bakkie.

So in short, don't take it off unless you really have to !

Image239.jpg

Image240.jpg

Image241.jpg

Anthro

Expert Member
Love the Q-Tip in there to block stuff from coming in / out ?
:confused::wtf::twisted:

Friggs

So why did you have to take it out?

Edit: And lol, I was expecting to see a picture of a homebuilt TANK that used a D4D motor :D

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Well the bakkie has got a bit of a white smoke and the diesel filter was clogged up after just 7000km - so we thought it was dirty fuel - hence the tank rinse that was required.
But it turns out that dirty SA fuel has stuffed up the injectors on many of these motors so that is where the next R10k will be spent. That and another big fat filter with drain tap.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
An extra filter should be mandatory on all diesels, especially in our beloved country.

Stokstert

Executive Member
Yeah, a Toyota keeps a man in a good running condition. One of us two is always running.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
That's what most other D4D drivers recommend. Sad thing that it is the injectors that take the strain, although I have heard from someone with a Landie that the injectors on those (Td5) are about R6k each - so I guess Toyota comes in pretty cheap at R2.5k

And there I was hating the old Microbus when it cost me R750 for 4 new injectors :p

Yeah - we got it back with a lot of effort and some pretty aching backs - curse the fools that built a ramp instead of a pit on our farm...

upup

Executive Member
An extra filter should be mandatory on all diesels, especially in our beloved country.

The pump suffer to get diesel through the filter. With 2 or more filters diesel will hardly get to the engine.
But , I believe its the sulfur inside the diesel, which only the refinery can remove.

kevinswan007

Expert Member
why is south african diesel so dirty? with us paying such a high premium for fuel, surely its their duty to make it as clean as possible?

apparently the diesel is europe is pretty good quality.

could one not claim from the diesel manufacturer when it can be proven dirty fuel caused engine damage?

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
If you always fill up with the same supplier. In out case we get bulk diesel from Shell about once a year and even though our tanks are clean and drained after they are empty I am sure Shell will shift the blame. From now on we'll be filling up the Hilux at the local AgriMark since we have an account there and if something does go wrong then we can pin it on them (also Shell).