What a Shame. LET's get back on track. or did we run out of steam!!

pupa

Banned
:confused: This needs it's own thread. What are we here for, where do we go ????

:( No griping only go back to the original or future directions and motivators

:eek: I monitored these forum since Dec 2003 Always were directed at what it got introduced for. Seem Helkom tooked over that role now ??? This forum seem to move towards personal gripes and other, What a Shame. LET's get back on track. or did we run out of steam!!

Andre

Expert Member
Just ignore the flame wars, don't take part, don't post in those threads and they will die out.

If you ignore the rubbish threads there is still good info to be had on the board.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
pupa said:
:confused: This needs it's own thread. What are we here for, where do we go ????

:( No griping only go back to the original or future directions and motivators

:eek: I monitored these forum since Dec 2003 Always were directed at what it got introduced for. Seem Helkom tooked over that role now ??? This forum seem to move towards personal gripes and other, What a Shame. LET's get back on track. or did we run out of steam!!
Hi Pupa

It is business as usual for MyADSL. There have been a few negative threads, but that is all it is…negative threads. We are in contact with various organizations, our membership is growing faster than ever and we still have the same ideals and goals as when we started back in 2003. We are doing more to improve broadband now than ever, and our support has spread as far as political parties and other prominent organizations. I can also say that we have received tremendous support from our members during the last week or two which is great to see.

Regards,

RPM

TheSaint

Business As Usual For MyADSL

Hi there all,

So I'm new to MyAdsl and i dont completely understand what it is that we are all here for. Most of what i have seen is alot of complaining, mostly about Telkom.
I guess what i would like to know is what are the goals and ideals you spoke of do we have a defined mission statement?
And then more importantly what can I as an individual do to help ?

Regard
Saint

bb_matt

Executive Member
Cyber-Saint, yes, there's a fair amount of moaning about telkom as this is really about consumers and people are very unhappy about the terrible services and costs.

But if you look around - check out the main page of the site, the announcements, the help - it's a community all about broadband and all aspects of broadband.

Some remarkable achievements have been made by the guys who run the show and these are people at the top of their game. There's some serious experts who hang out here.

It's a good fun place to hang out and learn about all aspects of IT and share knowledge with like minded people.

TheSaint

Thats Hot

I have been reading alot from the main page articles and reports and stuff and loads of info there and i have learnt a whole lot about the achievements of some of the big dogs and it make me all harm inside to see a company like telkom back down.

Hence the reason for my interest in getting more actively involed.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Hi Pupa & others

As you might have noticed some moderation was needed again :D I think BB_Matt summed it up well...we are here to discuss broadband related issues and do our best to ensure that we get internationally comparable broadband services at an affordable price.

We are therefore not against Telkom, but rather for good and affordable broadband. Unfortunately Telkom is currently proving to be an obstacle in the provisioning of such services which is why you will see a fair amount of criticism leveled at them.

Regarding MyADSL: Many people are working hard to ensure that we bring you the latest news, that the site is running smoothly and that the forum function as intended. It is not always easy to protect freedom of speech while ensuring a ‘socially’ acceptable environment, but I think the mods are doing a great job. In all this I can assure you that we have the best for our members, MyADSL as a whole and broadband in general in mind with all our decisions. We really want to bring you guys the best we can: both with this site and in our fight for better broadband in general.

Regards,

RPM

slimothy

Banned
rpm care to comment on the actual situation about my privacy being violated?
no offence but sometimes I get the feeling you just get the gist of a thread from what mods might tell you, did you read what the thread was about?

again, no offence, but why is it when people discuss a problem the immediate official response is vague and then you give some pep talk about the fight for broadband.

to me you guys are saying you have no problem with peoples private details being posted without their consent and no problem with mods attacking members, and while thats ok, it is your forum after all, how will that settle with the people who really make this site work... the participating members

pupa

Banned
inbox is full

Thanks RPM but I can still not PM You my ADSL gripe as Your inbox is full to the brim overflowing down Telkoms international Bandwith becoming lost ping packets ;) ;)

pupa

Banned
Slim There YOU go AGAIN wrong isuue wrong thread and I start to think wrong FORUM, just because RPM posted. Please get the drift, Sue ADSL for what You gripe about. Please not in all threads.

slimothy

Banned
because how else am i supposed to get the admin of this sites attention, theres problems and i want to ask if he is even aware of what the fuss is about, but ok, i wont post in your thread, i'm sorry you're right

Last edited:

munwaal

Slim.. I have to agree.. while it's very clear what the issues are, I don't like the fact that you're popping up all over the place with this now. Some of us are trying very hard to ignore all the crap, and it's made more difficult when the issue spills over into other threads.

Last edited:

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Hi Slimothy and others

If there are any posts that you find unacceptable (like the disclosure of personal information), simply mail me and if justified we will delete the post. You can also use the ‘Report Bad Post’ feature on the forum.

Regards,

RPM

pupa

Banned
Hi RPM as moderator You have the discretion to do so. If I start with religious or political views it is your right and DUTY to delete it. As long as it can not be seen as a personal penalty upon a individual. You have to do it. You must exercise the cooloff blocking feature in this forum as required and when required. It Your right and You can PM the person directly of Your intentions