What age did you move out from your parents house ?

Cius

Executive Member
At 19 I left for 2 years volunteering to Natal, once done moved back home while studying at Wits, then moved out when I got married at 26.

Anti-Chris

Dad died when I was 8, Mom died when I was 19 and I got married @ 20. So in effect I was living alone from age 19.

Honey Badger

Honorary Master
17 to go study. Then had a stint renting a flat with a friend in Central (PE) for a month or so while looking for a job, eventually thought **** this grown up **** and moved back home (while still looking for work, of course). After 18 months at home and suffering from depression (this is when I started drinking heavily), I got something decent in CT and moved here.

Arex

Basically 18, lived in the dorm in my uni, working and renting now.

Neuk_

Expert Member
I started paying rent when I first started work at 22, around a year later my parents decided to move from Johannesburg to Ballito. My father transferred his partnership to the Durban office, they sold their house in Johannesburg, moved in to their Ballito flat and bought a townhouse in Johannesburg which I lived in with my brothers. They were both still studying at the time so I was the only one that paid rent.

mattrudlles

Left home to move in with my Gran when I started University at 20. Started renting when I began my internship at 25, and fastforward to present myself and my wife own a place together. And to end this story we are both moving back in with our parents again this year :) Life has a way of taking you places.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
24. I stayed with my parents through university and moved out when I got my first job.