What am i legally liable for?

DSchubach

So if i have started a job and in the contract it says that i have to give 3 months notice and if i leave within the 1st year i have to pay back recruiter fees. This job was not what was advertised or discussed at interview. do i have to fulfill the contract or can it be seen that the company was in breach?

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
So if i have started a job and in the contract it says that i have to give 3 months notice and if i leave within the 1st year i have to pay back recruiter fees. This job was not what was advertised or discussed at interview. do i have to fulfill the contract or can it be seen that the company was in breach?
Go back to the recruiter and state to them that the company is breaching the original offering.

If you can prove it of course.

cool_gi

in most cases the recruiters will lie to you because they want to secure a "sale" so they make money. anything to get the deal done. infact as far as i know, there are always clauses in the contract between recruiter and employer that if you leave the recruiter has to refund a certain percentage back( depending how long u stay on)

inanabhay

Its only a year, consider it as an opportunity to learn new skills/ methods, also, perhaps to further your studies.

Corelli

You could get fired, but that may count against you. Also how come the contract is a year? It sounds more like contract work than a full time job.

AdrianH

Expert Member
Did you sign it? If not, cross out those clauses, initial them, sign the contract and give it back.

kota

Go back to the recruiter and state to them that the company is breaching the original offering.

If you can prove it of course.
I would think there should be some sort of job description given during the recruitment status, so that should be able to prove whether the company is breaching the initial job requirement.

Swa

Honorary Master
Recruiters lie like **** and companies lie to recruiters. Nothing new. You can't be held legally liable for something you signed under false pretenses. Don't expect a favourable reference though so rather earlier than later. Or like others said get fired by refusing to do work you weren't appointed for. You don't have to mention you ever worked there.

Sweevo

Honorary Master
Spend a bit of money and consult a labour lawyer. Question, have you been offered another job?

skimread

Executive Member
That's unusual. Did you read the contract before you signed it? I