What are religious people doing during the COVID-19 lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

Honorary Master
I've noted a total absence of the religious folk, while we are going through this. No thunderbolt statements about it's gods will, or that they will pray for all of us.

Or anything else.

Or, to play devils advocate, are they praying and hoping for atheists to be wiped off the face of this earth?

MEIOT

Expert Member
I've noted a total absence of the religious folk, while we are going through this. No thunderbolt statements about it's gods will, or that they will pray for all of us.

Or anything else.

Or, to play devils advocate, are they praying and hoping for atheists to be wiped off the face of this earth?
Why call them out when the total absence is a welcome relief?
Ever heard the saying - let sleeping dogs lie!
Considering how effective praying is, I'm surprised this pandemic is still going on quite frankly.

Itsa Trap

I think South Africans (religious and irreligious) are generally pragmatic and more or less knows when someone is trying to sell them **** on a stick.

Not so sure about the yanks though.

Google Jim Bakker and Kenneth Copeland.

But I am sure the Doom blikkies will be out soon here in SA. People are willing to do some amazing crap
when they are scared and unsure.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Still sneaking into other people's home and having mass gatherings on the down low

Sinbad

Honorary Master

MEIOT

Expert Member
Don't you atheists have work to do?
Actually atheists are being kept rather busy these days trying to save humanity.
Busy bees.

Why they bother though is beyond me. The fact that they do sure beats anything any deity seems to be doing lately if we're being honest with ourselves. Brainwashing and indoctrination aside.

Reactions: rh1

MEIOT

Expert Member
You cannot claim to know if the doctors, nurses, scientists and other aid workers are religious or not. You probably mean science is is trying to save humanity. Different things, you must be very confused by all of this.
Science and religion are mutually exclusive.
Besides, most medical experts are of the agnostic or atheist persuasion. Notice, I didn't say all, I said most.
That's just the way it is.

Besides, show me one source where religion, any religion, or a deity, any one of the thousands, have contributed to alleviating the situation. Just one will suffice.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Why are atheists so hateful and judgemental towards others?

Even when 'religious people' don't do anything they find a reason to hate and lust towards the god they don't believe in.

What a sad life it must be to hate something you don't believe in but still want more of it.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Science and religion are mutually exclusive.
Besides, most medical experts are of the agnostic or atheist persuasion. Notice, I didn't say all, I said most.
That's just the way it is.
You really cannot claim most are atheist or agnostic either unless you have conclusive proof. What you are doing is basically the same thing the religious folk are doing: you are asking me to believe you.

Do atheists/agnostics have a "sub group" of irrational people similar to how Christianity has creationists?

Status
Not open for further replies.