What are the Cigarette Brands being sold in South Africa under Lockdown?

Which Cigarette Manufacturers have you seen with illicit products for sale during Lockdown?

• Gold Leaf Tobacco

Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Golden Tobacco Company

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Carnilinx

Votes: 45 26.0%
  • Amalgamated Tobacco Manufacturing

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • British American Tobacco

Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Excise Duty Stamp - Yes

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Excise Duty Stamp - No

Votes: 61 35.3%
  • How much was cost/box <R40 ?

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • How much was cost/box >R50 ?

Votes: 63 36.4%
  • How much was cost/box >R90 ?

Votes: 77 44.5%

• Total voters

Spliffcat

Executive Member
Bejasys tried Blessing Cigs last night. Hacking, coughing, farting, spitting. /goes back to smoking dried cow s h I t. R60.

Crabby

Honorary Master
Got some Richman Blue last week.

I thought Chicago would take some **** beating, but it seems Richman wins the **** stakes hands down.

s0lar

I wonder how many people will go back to premium brands once the ban is lifted, considering the cost savings. Have a friend who used to smoke RG before the lockdown due to savings.

airborne

Honorary Master
I wonder how many people will go back to premium brands once the ban is lifted, considering the cost savings. Have a friend who used to smoke RG before the lockdown due to savings.
Relative to the lockdown black market prices premium brands at the normal rates are gonna look positively dirt cheap. And they do taste leagues ahead of the cheapies so I can't see why people wouldn't go back to premium.

Dr_H

Crabby

Honorary Master
Relative to the lockdown black market prices premium brands at the normal rates are gonna look positively dirt cheap. And they do taste leagues ahead of the cheapies so I can't see why people wouldn't go back to premium.
I would think it's a personal preference actually. I started on Malboro R55, couldn't afford it so got by on Winstons R30 until my uncle introduced me to JFK.

Found the smoke pretty much the same, and I only really need it to make my mary j easier to smoke.

Found a Somalian outside work, one of those little flap tent jobbies and got my JFK at R13 a box or R100 a carton. Now it's R100 a box.

I will only buy JFK when prohibition ends, **** the cANCer even if Juliarse is getting the money via Carnilinx