What are the Cigarette Brands being sold in South Africa under Lockdown?

Which Cigarette Manufacturers have you seen with illicit products for sale during Lockdown?

• Gold Leaf Tobacco

Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Golden Tobacco Company

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Carnilinx

Votes: 45 26.0%
  • Amalgamated Tobacco Manufacturing

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • British American Tobacco

Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Excise Duty Stamp - Yes

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Excise Duty Stamp - No

Votes: 61 35.3%
  • How much was cost/box <R40 ?

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • How much was cost/box >R50 ?

Votes: 63 36.4%
  • How much was cost/box >R90 ?

Votes: 77 44.5%

• Total voters

Ishould_BeWorking

Same as Pacific in regard to tar and nicotine content. I find them horribly "dry" and unfulfilling.
They certainly lack flavour, expected them to be stronger but they seem to be lighter than they elude to. Expected more satisfaction but I get you when you say unfulfilling.

Ishould_BeWorking

None of the smokes you're buying now are meant for the local market directly, since technically there is no official local market.
Yes technically you are correct, but I meant on the 12mg tar and 1.2mg nicotine as per govt agreed method, or technically, not currently allowed method

Carol35

Expert Member
Currently buying Premiums, R600 a carton. They are not too bad and will stick with these now if I can. The SuperMatch are cheaper but kill a persons chest so not touching those again.

Im so over this now- have stopped hoping that this week some good news will come our way. :confused:

Dan C

Honorary Master
Currently buying Premiums, R600 a carton. They are not too bad and will stick with these now if I can. The SuperMatch are cheaper but kill a persons chest so not touching those again.

Im so over this now- have stopped hoping that this week some good news will come our way. :confused:
I quite like the Pall Mall I currently smoking.

Ishould_BeWorking

Is it 12mg tar and 1.2mg nicotine now? I thought it was 15mg and 1.5mg....

Then again, when the market is 100% illicit, then who cares about govt agreed methods.
Yep, haven't seen anything over 12mg and 1.2mg in years now, hence my slight excitement when I met up with 14mg and 1.4mg - needless to say, doesn't pack a kick one would have expected - still fong kong

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Probably other brands as well, a person loses count over 100+ days...
Shees, your dealer scrambling around or you buying the cheapest available?

I tried about 4 brands before I settled on RG Blue and prices vary between R500 to max R650 a carton here(JHB).

Haha...My current stash ...the Premium for morning and night - Supermatch for day time until they finished and the Pall Malls unopened...saving for a special occasion. :D
Have similar pattern but smoke RG Blue for morning and evening but using E-juice during the day.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Haha...My current stash ...the Premium for morning and night - Supermatch for day time until they finished and the Pall Malls unopened...saving for a special occasion. :D
Hope this special occasion is when I visit. I'll bring a lighter :p

s0lar

Wife was looking through our financial files this evening, found a slip dating 2008 for a carton of Kent. R186,50. Just 12 years ago, fark am feeling old now.

9AE8DACB-996C-4DA4-A678-C7F6679FADF6.jpeg