What black magic do you need to login to wegotu.mtn.co.za???

airborne

Honorary Master
This ###king useless website, wegotu.mtn.co.za which is where you can apparently manage your account, listen to voicemail etc
I've been trying literally for months if not years to login, always the same result every single time I try login : "An incorrect Username or Password was specified"

I used the forgot username and forgot password again today to make sure my log in details are correct and it makes no difference.

Could it be some kind of arcane user error or browser issue?
I have tried many different browsers but always the same "An incorrect Username or Password was specified"

Dups!

:ROFL:

Sorry to be laughing at your misfortune, but the black magic part killed me. It conjured the three witches in that circle.

What browser are you using?

abzo

Honorary Master
Are you also having issues with your bill amount? I can login but can't view my bill. The app isn't emailing my bill to me either.

airborne

Honorary Master
Are you also having issues with your bill amount? I can login but can't view my bill. The app isn't emailing my bill to me either.
There's a different portal to view your bill, that seems to work most of the time.

airborne

Honorary Master
Yeah it’s broken for me. Can’t view my bill.
It breaks and then comes right again, they also send you a link in an email to see your current invoice and statement, just find an old email and the link will take you to the latest one.
Strange, Firefox doesn't connect.
I tried Chrome now and still the same error.

Dups!

It breaks and then comes right again, they also send you a link in an email to see your current invoice and statement, just find an old email and the link will take you to the latest one. I tried Chrome now and still the same error.
Chrome is fine on my side. It is a contract number as well.

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
You look in the bathroom mirror and say "WASP" three times.

No wait, sorry, that just signs you up for a V-Live service

ebendl

Expert Member
My MTN bill shot up from R400 to more than R1000 this month.

Can I get a bill? No, not at all.

The new app doesn't send an email at all.
Old "MTN Documents" links, which used to give me the last three months' statements, now show this:

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 00.03.38.png

Old app still works but doesn't seem to know that I have a linked account (my wife's) and doesn't show bills either.

WeGotU doens't seem to show any bills at all.

MTNActive / mycontract.mtn.co.za doesn't show bills after Mar 2020.

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 00.04.28.png

What a useless bunch. My best guess is that my contracts are out and I lost the specials I had -- and if this is how they handle billing then it's likely a good time to move again.

wizardofid

Executive Member
My MTN bill shot up from R400 to more than R1000 this month.

Can I get a bill? No, not at all.

The new app doesn't send an email at all.
Old "MTN Documents" links, which used to give me the last three months' statements, now show this:

View attachment 903934

Old app still works but doesn't seem to know that I have a linked account (my wife's) and doesn't show bills either.

WeGotU doens't seem to show any bills at all.

MTNActive / mycontract.mtn.co.za doesn't show bills after Mar 2020.

View attachment 903936

What a useless bunch. My best guess is that my contracts are out and I lost the specials I had -- and if this is how they handle billing then it's likely a good time to move again.
I have explained it before but I will do it again.
MTN active no longer works for some people as then have switched over old clients in certain instances over to new account numbers.They physically closed the account and opened a new one.They even closed the account at the credit bureau, and opened a new account.

My mom is still on the old Nashua mobile account numbers in the days when there was still 3rd party service providers.

They moved over to a new system in Feb just before the lockdown., the new system was developed and outsourced to India, when I complained about it here I was pretty much scolded for being an idiot, turns out, my fears about outsourcing was well founded as it has been one fk up after another.

Your contact is just fine, it just takes a few attempts to get stuff sorted, you really need to act like a Karen and moan and moan and moan and moan to get it sorted.

Staff aren't useless I never had problems with staff, they have always been friendly and helpful and follow ups was dealt with professionally and their service is pretty awesome, they have been handed an absolute shitty badly coded system.

Some times it is smooth sailing, some times it just sucks, your contract info and every thing else is working fine.
Will post some emails and stuff later today, this should help to escalate things.

ebendl

Expert Member
Hi wizardofid,

Correct with everything you said. I have a colleague who can see on her bill the new and old account number, yet she continues to receive invoices every day. Yet I do not.

I phoned them yesterday and the lady was friendly and spoke well and understandable and wanted to help. The part that worries me is when she eventually, after asking me to hold 10 mins, came back and said I should receive my missing invoices in 2 - 24 hours, if not I should phone back and then proceeded to end the conversation as quickly as possible.

I have not received it 24 hours later, so will phone again after I post this.

Step 1 is actually getting invoices to see why my bill shot up so much.
Step 2 is to figure it whether it was supposed to (the one contract reached its end in August, which could explain the increase, but I don't believe it should have increased by R700. I've also read about a couple of people having bigger bills, as well as some people's debit orders not going through, so it is anybody's guess at this point).

ebendl

Expert Member
OK follow-up. Lady I spoke with this morning was definitely more informed. She said my preferred contact details was switched to SMS and that's why I wasn't receiving my bills. Don't quite buy it, but at least she was able to send me the missing invoices which arrived immediately.